*Updated for 2.1.4* Temporary removal of new top/side bar

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you Pwnlaw for the quick response... Your community appreciates it.

Personally, I was not opposed to the new layout of the top bar. I clocked the time at switching from one city to the next and buying 12 scholarships as taking less than two seconds to complete. It is one extra click, but for me the extra time it took was negligible compared to what it saves me to sort through 200+ cities.

Some of these have been pointed out, but here are a couple reinforcements and maybe even new ideas from a player that specializes in UI design...

1.) While you say you don't stress The purchase of gold, so the real estate needs to stay, I disagree. Real estate is currently large enough to display a million hold in LONG form... 1,000,000. Who needs that? Every time my queue is full, I get an indirect advertisement for gold. I find myself on those pages all the time by accidentally clicking insta scout buttons as well. And in later worlds (75+), truce is so regularly used, your players undoubtedly know where to buy gold. Make the box smaller, use the real estate for something else, and use short hand if necessary: 500k, 1M, 2K, 300, etc.

2. Sidebar Functionality
a. Highlight the currently active city - a check mark, a highlight, a different color... Anything to designate where you currently are.

b. Quick scroll To the top would be a nice feature. I have 200 cities to scroll through, perhaps if you hit the VERY TOP of the list have it scroll to the beginning.

c. Pull down on the sidebar city list for an auto refresh once you're at the top, my recommendation would be to query for incoming attacks across all cities, and post the incoming attack red icon next to those under attack in the side bar. As it sits now, you must first visit the city or get lucky enough to manually refresh the correct page in My Portal for it to load the icon in your sidebar.

3.) Top bar functionality - this is a feature I would find personally useful, but I haven't seen it discussed before... Many players (most all of the competitive ones, or your serious and paying customers) use 3rd party chat programs in addition to the forum provided in game. I think it would help to provide a button for Quickly copying city coordinates.

Where I would implement this is on the City button at the top. If you are in the city view window, clicking the button again would make a button visible that reads "Copy Coords" - one click of that button copies the city coordinates (141,259) to your clipboard. This enables you to quickly and ACCURATELY relay information to guildmates you are requesting support from. Too many times in the heat of battle I've seen delays in communicating city coords and when they are communicated it is often incorrect. This feature would eliminate that. In any other window than city view, that button takes you to city view window.

In summation:
- Gold bar smaller
- Bring back scroll arrows
- Scroll to top and refresh features to sidebar
- highlighted city in sidebar list
- copy coord feature
- Query ALL cities for incoming attacks in sidebar FIRST

Good job last update, personally I liked it - here is how you make it better ;)

Thanks for listening.

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Forgot to mention farm units! Change to the old style 17550/23778 - if I I don't see 23k farm space available at a glance I don't know I update my farm!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Powerbang wrote:Forgot to mention farm units! Change to the old style 17550/23778 - if I I don't see 23k farm space available at a glance I don't know I update my farm!

Good posts.

Kayolita
Lancer

Postby Kayolita » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:13 am

I have iPad 1. I installed the update you are mentioning yesterday and now the app keeps crashing whenever I play. How do I do the restart that you mentioned?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Kayolita wrote:I have iPad 1. I installed the update you are mentioning yesterday and now the app keeps crashing whenever I play. How do I do the restart that you mentioned?

To re install first delete Valor off of your ipad. Once you do that download it from the App Store again.

All of your city/world data will still be there.

If you are still having issues after that be sure to contact the support team.

Details to do so can be found in my signature.

ladyaphrodity
Lancer

Postby ladyaphrodity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm

I have the same problem with the not being able to touch anything in my city. Its like it freezes.

Orlor_clone
Lancer

Postby Orlor_clone » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 pm

So um new update brings back the new sidebar again minus the scrolling arrows any way to revert back to the old sidebar again.....Please lol

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Orlor_clone wrote:So um new update brings back the new sidebar again minus the scrolling arrows any way to revert back to the old sidebar again.....Please lol

I wasn't aware we had human clone technology!

If you see the new top bar please do a force quit of Valor and restart it. The old top bar should be there again once you do that.

Crudeau
Lancer

Postby Crudeau » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 am

I also got the new side bar with tge update. How do I revert back to the old one. New one is terrible It did fix the city lock up bug. Now my reports and messages never update. I get the notification but I have to pull down to refresh in both reports and messages to see it

Vanbarta
Lancer

Postby Vanbarta » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm

And again with the new update things are back to being just BAD

Still no scroll buttons. Unreadable error messages.
I can not play the game any more because after evry city it locks and i have to restart.

Seem nothing changed to the old reverted update. Please revert it again.

Return to “Event Archive”