City Sidebar: Your Input

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 pm

First off, thanks to everyone who submitted responses that included their preferred city naming scheme! It has greatly affected our perspective on multicity management, which leads me to my second point:

Multicity Management is currently being worked on by our design team! Hooray! There are a lot of different opinions on which features take priority when it comes to multicity management, but I can guarantee that the feature implemented will address many of the concerns players have for managing multiple cities while maintaining a cohesive play experience.

Kingjason666 wrote:Filters and stuff don't matter once you get over a 1000 city's. What u need then is a way to mass do troop building and scholarships and find incomming attacks.

When you have over 1000 cities filters could mean the world to you, because they would enable you to organize your cities to do mass recruit, scholarship purchase, and finding incoming attacks.

GTCW
Lancer

Postby GTCW » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I name cities by region then by second # in longitude and latitude #.
R22 235,387 = 22.38 Name.
This way they are all in order as I scroll through them. If I have battle in specific region they are ordered close to far.
That is also why I much prefer the original top bar, I wonder why you keep pushing this new one with all the people that complain and turn off.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I used to create my main as the city I live in and spread outward as the map would be in real life, naming city's based on location of real city's in my area. That worked until I had spread over many regions so I adopted the region number as the pretext to my city names.

Crazian82
Lancer

Postby Crazian82 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

How about another color highlighting the cities indicating you have outgoing troops for attacks and it returning. Also maybe little icons to indicate what troops you have in each particular city. Example: axe for Zerk, sword for Sent...

Also I think it would be better if your recent update would show up now matter what city you are in. I have missed a few because of this.

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 am

bellz17 wrote:I'd like some filters:

sort by name
sort them by age - newest capped to oldest cap.
sort by region#/xxx,yyy
sort by population
sort by existing scholars

I like this setup but would include cities with
* an academy
* empty que

also able to tick two or three catagories.

Ive named my cities different in each world but would ideally name them by area I've grown and not by region ect.

Bash1000
Lancer

Postby Bash1000 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 am

I'm a one city user, but I have been thinking on this topic for a long time.
I think that there should be many filters.
Full warehouse
Least Points
Least Troops
Region
World
Customize
Customize would be customized names and you could select which cities to put in

88honeyball@gmail.com
Lancer

Postby 88honeyball@gmail.com » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi,

The filters and city ordering is great and everyone has there own naming convention, the thing is renaming the city and having to pay 5 gold. At times we make typo's and that costs us. Some cant afford the gold or even purchase gold if they wanted to due to country restrictions and issues with App Store or Google Play.

So why pay to change a name?

Point two is regarding the city ordering when under attack, a good feature, nice work. I would like to see a crown or scholar icon in the city list box as well. This can be an optional feature in settings or merely one by default to illustrate the city that has a scholar. This saves time when scrolling through cities trying to find the bugger :) .

Thanks

Return to “Event Archive”