City Sidebar: Your Input

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I name mine by region and city number. sometimes by which part of the region
eg: R22NW-1

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Lord fireFall, do I surmise from your example city names that you live in Australia? If so I'm just up the road.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Organize? I just name them random things, until I get bored of thinking up new names.

gemini0019
Lancer

Postby gemini0019 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 pm

My cities are grouped by region and named similarly by location in each region. For example: 12.malice and 12.malicious are cities in R12 that are very close to each other. I do this for every region. It also helps when using another app created for "planning battles". So I immediately know where I'm attacking from. So a search filter of by region would help If it only showed the region you input. I think a population filter would be excellent.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Most veteran players I come across name cities according to location. It just works better when dealing with large numbers of cities. If you are attacking in a particular region, or being attacked, having cities grouped by region or quadrants is easier. It allows you to quickly spot those cities and scroll back and forth to work them without having to flip through countless cities to find the ones you are looking for. I've tried using different names and still grouping by regions/quads (NW region 3 are named a particular cartoon name) which works, but essentially its still naming by location.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 am

Ghost - no, I'm not in Australia - merely an example. Samara - I print a cheat sheet that's filtered on just the cities I need to touch and the reason why. I keep it in the fold of my iPad case so I can pull it out on breaks at work. As I finish a city, I cross it off and update the spreadsheet when I get back to the computer.

LadyJell
Lancer

Postby LadyJell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:37 am

Maby I don't conquer quite need, and have not thougt of any problems that I would get when my number of cities starts to grow. So my citynames have a number, but there is no use to it as any other name. It would be helpfull if you can just arrange any order in the portal, so you can arrange them by region, or if the city has any schollars. I know i have schollars, but i never know where.

GhostHawx
Lancer

Opinion/Thoughts on City Sidebar

Postby GhostHawx » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 pm

I loved the city side bar. On my end, it was so much smoother and faster than the arrow. For instance, when attacking someone, if I was sending it from city "T" and wanted to send from "G", I would have to scroll through "#" amount of cities; the side bar was just touch, scroll, and select.

Another thing I have notice is, like mentioned above, improved system performance. It reacted faster, loaded quicker, and seemed to be able to handle more better in general.

The population was an issue. It was nice to see the max number set in the fraction style. It's location was ok, but, I would prefer all of the city stats and gold on one.

I was thinking of this top/side bar issue. There is a lot of "dead space" on your graphical city view (I believe is what y'all term it). What if you took the dead space and put in a large sidebar option opposite of the wall??? Kinda like google when your viewing a picture you select out of the images, the "next" are that pops up when you highlight.

Also, maybe you could zoom out a bit for the basic setting? Rally point gets kind of cut off.

Other than that, I love this game! The new update was nice, the tweaks will be amazing. I know it. Thanks for the quick response.

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 pm

I name them by their location. for example if its in region 22 in (237,220) then I name it 22.237.220. easy to scroll through neighboring cities like that.
a bonus, people can't post my cities in their forum when the city name is all numbers.

Thedudeabidezzz
Lancer

Postby Thedudeabidezzz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:47 am

I organize my cities using a number system that doesn't encompass as much detail as I would like, but its too late (and expensive) to change all the cities now. It would be nice to be able to change you city names free of charge. Like if you name your city based on defensive units but when your surrounding change you realize it should become an offensive city, you'd have to pay to change the name. Not really a fan of that.

As for the sidebar though, it would be nice if you could have the option to manually shift the order of your cities. The default listing would be in alphanumeric order, but I really like the idea of having a filter by region as well. Either way I would really prefer to keep the arrows in there. Or at least making the box that contains the city name big enough to see the entire city name so you can know what city you're in.

Either way I'm sure it'll be better this time around and I just want to say I am really impressed with how much you you take our opinions in to consideration. Thanks for always trying to make your users happy. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Event Archive”