City Sidebar: Your Input

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:51 pm

PaRiAh666 wrote:Trying to move through 15 city's without the arrows is frustrating and very time consuming. Bring back the arrows!

Version 2.1.4 (the current version) should have the old top bar available with the arrows for scrolling between cities.

Just a reminder to refocus this conversation back to the thread topic: How do you organize your cities? What types of tools would you like to see added to the City Sidebar to aid in your city organization/management?

Thanks all for your feedback, generally the information and ideas shared in this thread have been very insightful and well-presented, which is always a major "+" in the eyes of a designer, keep it up!

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 pm

LordFirefall wrote:How about a user defined filter? A check box next to the city name that we can filter on.

I do like this idea very much for multi city management! I name my cities like a new update eg: Brisbane 1.1, Brisbane 1.1.1 not always in order though depending on area or region of the city.
Please leave the city next and last arrows as this is the way to those hard to find incoming attacks. Once that issue is fixed, I would have no problem using the city sidebar but would prefer it to be from the portal button. I know many of my guild mates feel the same about this.

Would it be possible to change the portal button to the sidebar tool?

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm

LordSeaice wrote:Please leave the city next and last arrows

You all wants arrows? I'll give you arrows! From now on every arrow is going to redirect you to the wheel of fortune without any way to get out of the wheel of fortune, unless you make these gestures on your device: "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, START" (Good luck figuring out "B, A" and "START").

Don't worry, we have readdressed the issues that have risen from the removal of the arrows, taking into account the direct feedback from this forum in order to approach a solution that both advances the top bar but also keeps the necessary functionality of optimal city-to-city navigation.

Tezza

Postby Tezza » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:47 am

I name my cities by a variety of systems, none of which is logical but I like it that way. If an enemy fights well I usually leave the city name as is. If not I change it.
Highly structured systems tend to come unstuck in the heat of battle but are very useful to simmers.
A functional sidebar with a variety of options would be very useful.

LordDedder
Lancer

Postby LordDedder » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I've found that a lot of people (including myself) use Region numbers to let their cities sort themselves, e.g. "10-mycity". I've take this one step further and broken each Region into a grid of 9 similar size areas starting with 0 in the middle and then progressing clockwise, e.g. "10-8 mycity". This allows me to pretty quickly judge relative travel times between groups of cities and cycle quickly through the groups.
Oh, and I'd like to add that being able to cycle through the city views using the older bar was wonderful and once all the cities were loaded I could quickly launch attacks through my cities since they were organized in locationally named groups. :) )

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:41 pm

The first page covered most of my concerns with the new UI but here is a little more info as to what I like and what my issues were.

1) User time spent on the mundane. While the new side bar let me do new things I really liked the lack of the arrows added an extra tap. In Valor in my experience (on WiFi and cellular) each tap that triggers a network action seems to take about 3 seconds. Having extra taps adds a lot of overhead when I'm trying to upgrade 200 or more cities on a world.

2) The city name field in the old UI scaled so you could see the full city name but in the new UI the city name did not get smaller to fit the area and for my city names I could not read them always. This comes back to your question about naming and sorting.

I like to name my cities with a prefix and then an id.
Ancient R0 (would be my first city in a region)
Ancient R0 001 (would be my second city in a region)
Ancient R0 100 (could be a new city in the same region thats in a new cluster not near the earlier cities)

Tanlash
Lancer

Postby Tanlash » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I've just created a thread on something similar, ill re-post it here since this thread is relative.

As it stands currently we can bookmark cities or remove cities from our bookmark list. While this is great when you only have 2-3 cities on your list, when you have 10+ it begins to get confusing.

It would be good to implement a system (much like Mailboxes) where we can place cities in 'bins' or 'boxes' which we've named. So for example you could have 20 cities divided up into:

Troop farm (5 cities)
Cavalry farm (5 cities)
Future Conquest (5 cities)
Current enemy (5 cities)

Within each 'bin' or 'box' you can order them to your will (importance for example)

Then allow us to 'share' our 'boxes' or 'bins' in the forums/mail so it's easier to organize groups/assaults etc...

... We could even do something similar to the players 'portal' where you could group your cities in the portal into different areas... 'Recently captured' , 'attacking cities' , 'scholar cities' and so on...

Just make it more neat :) !

Good hunting,
Tan

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

It would be nice in the market or troop support window to enter the desired resources or support count then tap a button to get a list of cities near the city your on that could send the resources or support.

A similar feature for attacks would be cool too.

Private message if you'd like me to elaborate on it.

Talismancer
Lancer

Postby Talismancer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 am

City sidebar is fine...the new top is WAY too small on the iPhone. I just can't see my resource levels anymore :(

Talismancer
Lancer

Postby Talismancer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:50 am

Why are all the allied cities brown rather than green?

Return to “Event Archive”