First Valor Community Q & A !

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:09 am

Benfrom300 wrote:because that would break the game something fierce. imagine your guild sends 100k guards to support you and you can now send those 100k guards to attack someone.

oh gods of valor, please, no!

I can imagine this: this was the fact on EmpireCraft for example...

But this is just the way Valor do, and we've to act with the initial rules

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:51 am

MyName999 wrote:I can imagine this: this was the fact on EmpireCraft for example...

But this is just the way Valor do, and we've to act with the initial rules

The big thing here is that the combat system in valor is very balanced, and a change like being able to reroute supporting troops at your discretion is bad news. You'd be able to send your entire attack force to the city closest to a target and the enemy would have pretty much no time to mobilize a defence capable of stoping it if they had the scholars close enough (in 1k worlds it takes only 4 minutes and 9 seconds to hit a city adjacent to you with scholars)

As previously stated, it would break gameplay, immensely. I'm happy with the current combat system but I would like to see a third workshop unit. One that makes sense to me perfectly as its one of the most destructive counterweight siege engines out of the Middle Ages. The only downside to these weapons was their accuracy, but they were capable of hurling projectiles up to 350 pounds. That would devastate a wall with a direct impact. The weapon I'm speaking about is the trebuchet.

Worth quark trying? I think so. Every other troop recruitment category has 3 units, why should workshop be left out when there are siege weapons you can't make that should be there? :P
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Sponge
Knight

Postby Sponge » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:36 pm

What would the unit stats be for a trebuchet?

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Sponge wrote:What would the unit stats be for a trebuchet?

thats a difficult question to answer. back to the perfectly balanced combat system we already have. it wouldnt have any impact on defending troops, but it would damage a wall way more than rams. as a result of the increase in damage, it will have a much higher resource and food cost, aswell as take longer to build. it would require lvl 15 workshop and lvl 20 forge to research, this would ensure that the ram is not rendered obsolete and would still have its place in an attackers ar$enal. perhaps even give it the ability to target other buildings. it should have very weak defense stats as it is a very slow moving machine.

i am running on only a few hours of sleep so the above idea will probably sound out of whack to people, ill probably change it to make more sense later lol. if anyone else has input on how this could be made a reality, i urge you to post your ideas, lets get some creative juices flowing and maybe quark can find a better way to fit it into the game.

happy hunting :D
Guts and Glory Founder

Game name: Achil1es

Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Return to “Event Archive”