Valor is back up! From the outage on 10/22/2012.

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Orlor

Valor is back up! From the outage on 10/22/2012.

Postby Orlor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Valorians!

All Valor worlds are now back up!

Due to an Amazon Web Services outage, Valor was down for about a day. We’re very sorry that this affected everyone in the game and are putting measures in place to make us less reliant on a third party service for uptime.

Because of this outage we are taking the following steps in regards to compensation for players:

If you logged in 4 days or less before the outage, your account will be credited with 50 gold.

If you had a week-long subscription item active (queue extender or resource boosters) when the downtime occurred, those items will be extended by two days.

Both of these will be done automatically without the need to contact the support team . However, we want to make sure Valor itself is stable before we start to distribute compensation so it may take a few days for everyone to get their gold.

If your subscription item ended during the downtime or you had a one day item active you will need to contact our support team for assistance. Please see my signature for details on how to do that.

Also for any other issue not listed above that you had during this time please contact the support team at playmesh.zendesk.com.

Regards,

Orlor
PlayMesh Community Manager

tskk
Lancer

Postby tskk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm

When will we be credited? my queue extender doesn't seem to have the 2 days added on yet, and it is ending in ~20 hours. Or should i just submit a ticket now to speed up the process?

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm

tskk wrote:When will we be credited? my queue extender doesn't seem to have the 2 days added on yet, and it is ending in ~20 hours. Or should i just submit a ticket now to speed up the process?

Jeez! It's like you didn't even read Orlor's post

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

tskk wrote:When will we be credited? my queue extender doesn't seem to have the 2 days added on yet, and it is ending in ~20 hours. Or should i just submit a ticket now to speed up the process?

The queue extension process is running now and should hopefully be done in the next 8ish hours.

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Guys, you are being more than fair in this. I hope as many as there were demanding and complaining on the "outage" thread, there will be more who realize and acknowledge that.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

As a playmesh veteran (fishies i love you) I have to say you guys have handled this very well. The modern day PM is so much more approachable and forthcoming with information about problems. I can't think of any reason why I would stalk any of you on twitter.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Wow, I managed to do that without mentioning iMafia or heroes once.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Kudos, to you playmesh for handling that so well. Thanks for your understanding of our issues also. Well done!

Carinthia
Knight

Postby Carinthia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Just checking to make sure that Android users are included in this? Also, as of five minutes ago Android worlds are back down, but ios worlds are still accessible.

Brewmaster22
Lancer

Postby Brewmaster22 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Appreciate the compensation, more than fair! You guys hard work is appreciated! Us Valor addicts are happy again!

Return to “Event Archive”