Reaching out to all Android players

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Luominosity

Reaching out to all Android players

Postby Luominosity » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Greetings Android Valorians!

My name is Luominosity. I am the Android platform lead for Valor and wanted to introduce myself to our ensemble of Lords and Ladies.

As many of you know, Valor was exclusively on the iOS platform (iPhone, iPad, iPod) for a long time until very recently, when we made our first foray into the world of Android. This is a new undertaking for PlayMesh, and we are very excited to bring the ravenous world of Valor to the other (non-Apple) half of the planet.

Although it may not seem like it, building Valor on Android is very different than doing so on iOS (new code, new bugs, same behemoth of a hurricane). Because we want to make sure everyone who plays the game on Android has an enjoyable experience, we’re working to push out the game one big piece at a time.

Keep in mind for all of our older players (who have played or are still playing on an Apple device) the Android game will look and feel like the core iOS game, but may not have all of the newer bells and whistles …yet.

That’s where you guys come in. Don’t hesitate to keep sending us feedback, about Android or Valor in general, and we’ll keep working to make the game better for you. I can’t promise that we’ll be able to deliver everything right away, but I will personally review all of your suggestions and comments.

To everyone who’s in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy – please be safe and keep warm!

Blaze and blessings,

Luminosity

P.S. New Update released with Simulator and World Abandon features!

LGChammer
Lancer

Postby LGChammer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 pm

One thing you could change with the galaxy note is get rid of the borders and use the whole screen please its the smallest of things but it would just make the whole game feel and look better. Thankyou.

Valniaz
Lancer

Postby Valniaz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 pm

"Your device isn't compatible with this version."
(Samsung Galaxy 1)

ikeelyou
Lancer

Postby ikeelyou » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Nice update. I've heard a lot about the sim--looking forward to using it. One note about the world abandon-the text under the abandon button ends in the middle of a sentence. But if we're just picking on grammar errors, its a good sign, right?

Keep up the hard work, and thanks for the progress!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Luom has been responsible for bringing Android from concept to release. I can safely say he is deeply dedicated to driving the application forward. This may occur on a longer schedule then you guys might hope, but our ultimate goal is to bring Android up to pace with iOS.

Long story short: Android has a lead and he'll be working with the community to make it the best it can be. Play nice, he's on your side. :D

ChuckThePlant

Postby ChuckThePlant » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 am

Can I demand more dancing robots? Would be a more familiar experience for most Android users. That and pudding pops.

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 am

Luominosity, Im not sure how exactly a port like this works when it comes to releasing features, but I created a thread that may be useful for you. Its titled "list of features players want prioritized" and is intended to help you guys decide which features to focus on in the coming update. There hasnt been much particiation yet but if you like the thread and want to use it as a resource Im sure more people would contribute

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 pm

I am happy to have your introduction Luominosity! As my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) is no longer being supported, I am very happy I was able to move my account to my Android Phone. Thank you for your hard work to get the Android updates out, and hopefully keeping us in the loop.
As I have stated in various threads, I am hoping city tab is the next feature. It was so nice being able to enter coordinates and troops, then just tab through your cities and quickly launch attacks. It is also a convenient feature when building up cities, and just tabbing to the next one in line.
My second hope is adding Lore to Android. The competitions were exciting when released and kept players active. Now with lore, I know it will boost the same enthusiasm players get.
Thanks for reading our suggestions, and I hope we will get to know you more as you get to know us.
Tim "Greyhigh"

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Well since Amazon seems to have us down for a few lol...

Well met good sir Luominosity!

I have to tell you as one who has been through many of the trials and tribulations of Androiders it would be an understatement to say I am quite pleased with how far it has come!

I agree that at this point, choosing initial direction, competitions and Twitter bonusi (my personal plural for bonus, also can be used to describe multiple bonsais) would be nice to have. I, too, started a thread that I am certain you have already seen and which many have added to.

We look forward to future updates with breathless anticipation!

Oh wait, I should probably breathe. Ok, sometimes-breathless-but-always-resuming-breathing-to-stay-alive anticipation!

Luominosity

Postby Luominosity » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 am

Let me begin by saying thank you for your commitment to Valor. I feel very fortunate that we have such steadfast and passionate players. Please keep the feedback coming.

A few general thoughts on where we are, and where we're planning to go:

All of your suggestions, including the feature lists by Aethistan and lordrickard7 (tip of my hat to you sirs), have been internalized and we're working hard to put them into our development pipeline. Currently, our first order of priority is to make sure that the game is stable and scalable. We recently opened up Valor Android to a global audience allowing conquerers from all over to join in the savagery, and as such will soon hit a period of rapid growth in the number of players. I am deeply focused on making sure that as we grow, we can maintain and surpass our current level of quality.

After ensuring scalability, we will work on the features that enhance playability (like city scrolling). Features that help "equalize the playing field with iOS" (such as Twitter rewards, Competitions etc.) will certainly make it in, but will take a bit longer. The rationale is that in order to ensure the best experience for the largest number of Android players (whether with previous iOS experience or not), we need to first focus on the more basic elements of the game.

However, I don't want to have our "older" players be discouraged. Instead of thinking about how to compete with players in the older iOS worlds, I would look at this as an opportunity to establish yourselves as the dominant force in early Android worlds. We have active players on the iOS side who have been playing since (and still play in) World 3. Just as they have become legends and heros within the Valor circles, so too will you have the chance on the Android side.

With that thought, I challenge those of you who are already Valor masters - build your armies, recruit the enthused but inexperienced noobs, and CONQUER YOUR WAY TO GLORY. Help us grow Android so that one day, when we decide to rejoin our fruit-loving brethren, we will be a force to be reckoned with!

Return to “Event Archive”