lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Added youuuu

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks for help.
Anyone else. Still can't find out how to turn off notifications.

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am

There isnt an option for me either, samsung galaxy sIII.

In other news, now that valor 3.0 is out when can we expect android's plethora of broken features and bugs to be fixed? I dont think the difficult coding excuse will continue to hold up here, there are a lot of pretty basic problems that havent been fixed yet. Forgive me for my layman's perspective, but adding a fifth digit to the rally point to allow for 10,000+ of the same unit in a single attack cant be too hard to code for, can it?

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Now that I was able to update my GS3 to jelly bean. I can now turn off notifications. I am on AT&T

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Jelly bean android version 4.1.1. FYI

Luominosity

Postby Luominosity » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey Guys,

@Aethlstan - working on that one as we speak. We expect to have most of the real-time bugs fixed by end of January.

In the meantime, we're excited to announce the first Android Competition. No frills, straight up points battle in the two upcoming worlds. Gold and goods to those who can make it to the top!

Happy Holidays,

Luominosity

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 am

Luominosity wrote:Hey Guys,

@Aethlstan - working on that one as we speak. We expect to have most of the real-time bugs fixed by end of January.

In the meantime, we're excited to announce the first Android Competition. No frills, straight up points battle in the two upcoming worlds. Gold and goods to those who can make it to the top!

Happy Holidays,

Luominosity

This will be a lot of fun, but I wish they were not starting until the 2nd or later. I really don't want to sit on my phone while also trying to enjoy the holidays. :/

ShelbyGT
Knight

Postby ShelbyGT » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:48 am

You know where you go in the map and it just gives you a grid.... I don't like that it gets annoying after a while.. Especially since it takes some seconds to load all I see are blocks , a grid... Could you guys make like the IOS .. Where when you go to map. It at least shows you some view.. The white clouds... Thnx

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

l Well. I know the android team is working as best they can with the development resources provided them. I also understand that you cant ignore ios to completely concentrate on Android.

HOWEVER, Android has been pretty much ignored. What have we got? 2, maybe 3 minor updates? Competitions? Pffft. Maybe some players are satisfied by the competitions but they are just gimmicks. Its not cool when the top 50 are mostly gold spenders and theyre most likely going to get the awards....its not balanced competition. Maybe, during the course of a competition, no gold should be spent. Maybe then i would take it seriously and try to get into the top 50. As of now, whats the point in trying? Players who truce when you are only faking them are players who have no problem dropping $20 bucks a month (maybe even a week) on growing their cities. In an early world competition, that matters. Anyways...

So android has gotten a few updates , mostly cosmetic, with few gameplay fixes. Leaderboards. thats a highlight. Simulator as well. Neither of those really have an effect on gameplay...and are the only memorable things about recent updates. On the other hand, you have ios getting Trial By Sword. It has bugs, just like android, except since TBS came out they have already had a few updates that have eliminated some of the bugs and fixed broken features. Wow, thats fast. Android still cant properly input troops for an attack or support movement without glitching. New players sometimes cant figure out how to attack for a week lol. This is just one example of one feature(system?) Thats been broken SINCE I PICKED UP ANDROID in A1. That was what? September? October? I vaguely remember that the map was supposedly fixed but I never noticed a difference.

I understand that there are difficult coding bugs involved. But I cant help but feel mainly ignored. Android is like the dog under the table. We get a few scraps when the meal is over to keep us happy but its never much and is always trivial. Other than brief moments we dogs are ignored. Ios on the other hand, gets blogs (yes, more than one) about their features and their strategies. Since TBS, the same strategies no longer apply to both games.They get progress reports from time to time too!

It seems like only 5% of the valor dev team works on android. They do their best, but with limited resources its hard to accomplish goals in a timely fashion. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe 75% of the dev team spends its time on android, but because of all the problems with making the switch to a different OS we still get nothing. But that doesnt excuse the disparity in the attention given to the seperate communities. Yeah, i get it, its tough working on Android OS. But we dont hear about the troubles. All we hear in the android community is silence. With maybe a few posts from luminosity. What Id like to see is some serious work put into Android Valor. I want the bugs fixed. Not new features, not yet at least, fix the bugs. Give android a polished game for once.

Id also like some progress reports. Once a week would be nice, but id settle for once a month. I know you guys cant promise features or fixes, but maybe something like

"we are trying to fix the command tab of the rally point, but we are running into problems. We fix one Error, then more errors arise because of what we did to fix that one error."

Stuff like that is acceptable. It tells your community that you are working to make their experience better every day. But when all we see are (nonexistant) results, and none of the problems you are encountering... and we get disgruntled and disenchanted.

I for one; am going to stop playing this game after i finish up in the worlds im in. That means you'll lose my occasional gold purhases and my recruiting services. I think a friendly face and a helping hand extended by experienced players to new players does wonders to maintain Valor's player base. Without that, you would probably have a much lower retention rate than you do now. Well you are losing one of those friendly faces. Maybe that will make a difference, maybe it wont. I have no way of knowing if the new players I help out would have stuck around if someone wasnt there to offer their help...but from experience I know a friendly and helpful community goes a long way in encouraging people to stay and play.

Ill come back when you decide to care about android.

Return to “Event Archive”