Speed Worlds Finished.... for now

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Orlor

Speed Worlds Finished.... for now

Postby Orlor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 am

Valorians!

Speed Worlds have stopped being run for now.

We learned a lot from running them and we are going to tweak them to be even better!

What are we working on?

-Having a near full speed world every time.
-Other optimizations for speed worlds.

Once there is an ETA of when these will return it will be announced.

AnarcNeedsHelp
Lancer

Postby AnarcNeedsHelp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Orlor wrote:Valorians!

Speed Worlds have stopped being run for now.

:-( suuure just after I issue a challenge to my fellow speed world players you cancel them lol. I was wondering why the 17vt SW didn't open....

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Sounds good to me! More free gold sounds great if you ask me.

RyanK
Lancer

Postby RyanK » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:25 pm

April Fools! :c)

I hope you bring SW back soon! It's a great addition to the game!

-KingBK

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:31 pm

This really blows Orlor... What's the problem with continuing to run them while you guys make the update?

I'm gonna go cry now in my corner now

Shamrockshak
Lancer

Postby Shamrockshak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:02 pm

I strongly disagree with what quark is doings

Slashu
Lancer

Postby Slashu » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm

About time. The same players teaming up to continually win the worlds doesn't give any ambition for the average player to hop on and join the world. Look forward to seeing what quark has in store.

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Slashu wrote:About time. The same players teaming up to continually win the worlds doesn't give any ambition for the average player to hop on and join the world. Look forward to seeing what quark has in store.

There's nothing wrong with teams bud. This entire game is very team oriented so its only natural for new faucets of the game to have people teaming up. If you don't want to go in solo then bring friends of your own. If you have no friends that play speed worlds then go in and make some. When I started playing speed worlds I had no friends that played. Now I can't join a single speed world without having an ally in it. All you gotta do is message people when you're playing.... That's how you make friends in speed worlds. And I doubt that players teaming up is an issue that Quark is addressing. Common issues in speed worlds are players using multiple accounts, the map not functioning, reports not being sent, scholars teleporting, and the game crashing. Those are probably what's being addressed.

Although Quark would never agree with me I'm fairly certain that them canceling speed worlds 3 weeks before Guild World 1 opening has something to do with the massive amount of gold many players are expecting to spend in it.... Why give it away when you can sell it...

Shamrockshak
Lancer

Postby Shamrockshak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Agreed with nachos. People who use 2-4 accounts a game will win tons of gold. And they are"losing" money everytime someone wins a speed world

Shekina

Postby Shekina » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I think this is best. Good decision Orlor! They were much too frustrating with all the teams and alt accounts plus the errors.

Return to “Event Archive”