What kind of contests/giveaways would you like to see?

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Greenthorne
Knight

What kind of contests/giveaways would you like to see?

Postby Greenthorne » Wed May 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Hey everyone!

I was curious about what kinds of contests would you like to see here as well as prizes? I want to make this place welcoming for the community to discuss things and have fun.

I have a few ideas of my own, but I'm completely open to suggestions. Please note that this might not be implemented, but I'll seriously consider every serious suggestion shared here.
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

Shamrockshak
Lancer

Postby Shamrockshak » Wed May 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Speed world sign up. Get the best speed worlders. ( you have to qualify ) kinda like TOC but based in your previous speed worlds that you've done. And your titles. Only 1 account is allowed. And it takes place in a time that is agreed upon by EVERYONE. Also It should be a invite. So ransoms don't join, and monitored by a valor worker. Thoughts?

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 am

Theres probably only a small sliver of time that would work for everyone. Nice idea but most likely impractical. Someones always going to be screwed

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Fri May 10, 2013 8:18 am

Greenthorne wrote:Hey everyone!

I was curious about what kinds of contests would you like to see here as well as prizes? I want to make this place welcoming for the community to discuss things and have fun.

I have a few ideas of my own, but I'm completely open to suggestions. Please note that this might not be implemented, but I'll seriously consider every serious suggestion shared here.

Are you meaning contests and prizes for the forums? That is how I am taking your question, or do you mean in the Valor game? If you do mean forums, a scavenger hunt would be fun. You have us find a certain number of posts (not easily searchable) and message you the answers (links to where those posts can be found). The questions could be hints at what we are looking for, or clues like "the forum where Greyhigh made the most posts" etc....
Prizes for whatever contest.... hmmmm. Maybe a spot in a Kakao room with some of the forum moderators? Or in-game gold (always good prize). I guess before I throw prize ideas I need clarification on what you are asking.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 am

Greyhigh wrote:Are you meaning contests and prizes for the forums? That is how I am taking your question, or do you mean in the Valor game? If you do mean forums, a scavenger hunt would be fun. You have us find a certain number of posts (not easily searchable) and message you the answers (links to where those posts can be found). The questions could be hints at what we are looking for, or clues like "the forum where Greyhigh made the most posts" etc....
Prizes for whatever contest.... hmmmm. Maybe a spot in a Kakao room with some of the forum moderators? Or in-game gold (always good prize). I guess before I throw prize ideas I need clarification on what you are asking.

I took it the same way. Meaning in the forums. I like the idea of a scavenger hunt. Puzzles. Trivia, subjects could include closed worlds (names), video games, movies, anything on media.
Prizes: the above mentioned could work

An in game badge, "forum junkie" or "researcher" even "scholar." Something like that.

A direct q and a with a quark employee, about the game of course.

An internship with you guys. Lol
Kakao id: Strahd49
Strength and honor

becoop
Lancer

Postby becoop » Sun May 12, 2013 1:53 pm

1. Change the graphics used for barbs , if anyone submits anything that looks better. Credit them
2. Open up an API and have a contest for best supporting app.
3. Funniest screenshot
4. Number of worlds played

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

How about as a reward we get bug fixes? Or, even better, give Android the new UI (make sure its bug free tho)

After waiting for 8 freaking months now
We on android still have to deal with DAY 1 bugs

Id gladly participate in contests if it meant the game got fixed. Other than that i dont give a hoot.

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 pm

We're always working on bug fixes and generally improving the game's stability. I like funny screenshots, but I don't want it to be too trolly.

Do all of you use KakaoTalk? I'm usually on it all the time, but I'm only in one Valor room for it.
Useful Links:

Have a question? Submit a ticket here!

Valor on Facebook

Valor on Twitter

Official Valor Website

Mach1n3d
Lancer

Postby Mach1n3d » Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 am

Why can't I post?

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu May 23, 2013 10:56 am

Greenthorne wrote:Do all of you use KakaoTalk? I'm usually on it all the time, but I'm only in one Valor room for it.

Kakao ID: "Greyhigh"

Return to “Event Archive”