Delaying attacks

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
L-Basner
Lancer

Delaying attacks

Postby L-Basner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:55 pm

The ability to delay attacks. Since we have players from all sorts of time zones it would be nice if we could set up attacks to launch a couple hours later so we can better coordinate with our guilds. Meaning if I'm going to bed at 10pm but my guild is planning an attack to land at a certain time. I can set up what I want to put in my attack and to leave my city at a set time.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 am

Never thought of this before but yes we need this it would also change Some of the strategy whe attacking like u can send 10 attacks at the same time so there would be no way u could dodge and all that I don't like that aspect but they could make a correction that u can't send attacks within 20-30 seconds from each other

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Now that I think about this more this feature is a must have for valor

L-Basner
Lancer

Postby L-Basner » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Yea I can't think of any reason why they cant add it. They would need to put a queud or something on it as I'm sure ppl would find ways to abuse it. But it would really be a nice tool in the shed. Maybe it can come after te forge of city hall gets to a certain level. Or better yet upgrade the rally pint so ce that's where your attacks are launched out of.
Upgrade rally point to like a command centre.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 am

Well, that is a very interesting suggestion.

The front end implementation for this system would be fairly easy to the user.

You do have to remember the back end coding and the work that is involved in implementing this system, however. This would require rewriting the UI to include the ability to input time, which isn't permissible anywhere within the current client.
It would also require the server to do back calculations to dictate the minimum amount to travel times based on the distance and travel speed of the unit types, and then to prohibit attacks which are lower than the minimum amount. The current system ensures that travel times are accurate by using the slider system.

While this is an excellent suggestion and one that i will be passing up the chain, i just want you to realize the amount of work that implementing this type of change would take.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Adinel
Lancer

Postby Adinel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Some of the back calc would be removed if you make it to where we set the launch time not the land time, the work still stays the basic same for the player but it removes the problem of setting land times to where the launch time is when all the guildies are awake...

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”