Fix chaos exploit

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Pintupi
Lancer

Postby Pintupi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 am

I am sooo sick of chaos....it is basically cheating gives an unfair advantage to those who have alot of allies on world 46 spq... Use this bug to their advantage as their 10 guilds or so gang up to take down villages and then put those villages into chaos to block attacks by those if us near the village to recover them now those villages are in chaos and they will keep them in chaos until they are built up

In fact it is sooo bad as soon as my villages are defeated... I be quiting this game not worth my time unless u guys fix this problem

I think ways to fix it are simple

- villages in chaios lose loyalty every half an hr

- do away with chaos altogether

- if village has just been "captured" and is put into chaos within 24hrs after being captured no support can be sent thus preventing abuse

I mean your not really good at this game if u need to use chaos to protect villages

Norton78
Lancer

Postby Norton78 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:04 pm

My favorite use for chaos is a means to prevent taking the same target as another player. When you stack 40 waves on a big barb city, you know it's clear, then you cancel a few and send your scholars.

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 pm

I think chaos should be left in. It has use as a strategic standpoint. Ive seen suggestions for the ability to attack enemies in route and chaos is the same thing.

Xspeedx
Lancer

Postby Xspeedx » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm not a programer but i think i got something that could be done with not to much difficulty

Instead of the msg that is only saying that there is chaos on the battlefield put something like : there is chaos right now you can attack only at : xx:xx:xx this way it would be a bit more acceptable cause we will at least have the possibility to counter...

Dralchen
Lancer

Postby Dralchen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Orlor wrote:We are taking a hard look at chaos right now, as a whole. If anybody has any suggestions or feedback you would like to share regarding it please let us know!

To enhance chaos, how about including a game mechanic that kills a small portion of troops for every hour they are on march. It would need to be somewhat randomized so that players couldn't calculate it into their attack plans, and only allow scholars to die if they are alone.

It would not eliminate chaos, but it would require more effort to maintain chaos on a city, rather than how it is now where we can send and forget for x number of hours. The alternative being to send larger waves of troops which will actually do damage.

It would also have some basis in believability. The longer troops are in the field the more likely something will happen to them. Soldiers break their ankles, wheels fall off of siege equipment etc.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 am

Killing a small potion of a single ram, doesn't do much unless the killing ends the attack prematurely.

My second suggestion, Chaos Info, introduce a way to find who is sending the majority of attacks during chaos.

Dralchen
Lancer

Postby Dralchen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 am

Yes Tooltip, this would be the intention. So that single troop attacks would end prematurely.

XTMalDoran
Knight

Postby XTMalDoran » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 am

Battlefield chaos has always been apart of the game. I heard it was implemented to prevent bullying. Which is always a good idea. Those ppl who rely on chaos to keep cities, clearly are not equipped with the strategic tools to survive. Instead of getting rid of chaos, implementing the "chk back @ 00:00:00" message is a good idea. It levels the playing field, keeps the server from lagging and prevents bullying.
The only time I ever use chaos is when capping extremely ld walk caps - jic tgt barbs out it prevents xclaims and un necessary interalliance squabbling.

Goldnagger
Knight

Postby Goldnagger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Chaos is here. Get use to it.

Learn how to use it to your advantage.

LegendSD
Lancer

Postby LegendSD » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

I like chaos. It adds another dimension to the game and it's strategy, there are plenty of ways to counter chaos you just need to exploit them. It can actually help both attackers and defenders depending how the players use it.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”