Map zoom

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Mr. O
Scholar

Map zoom

Postby Mr. O » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before by others but te beat improvement that I think can be made to this game is the ability to zoom on the map.
The map function does facilitate the ability to see around in a very localised way but I think that to be able to zoom out and view more of the map in one go would be very benicial.
As a basic example, the regular zoom would be the current view. Zoom out tier 2 could be one single region, or 1/2 of a region. The next tier, a single region or a grid of 4 regions.

The main proble being how would you p**** all of that data in to a single screen. My suggestion would be icons of a different type for cities above 10,000 points and ignore cities of less than that. This would make it easier to see enemies and allies as well as ther layout.

LordHades77
Lancer

Postby LordHades77 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Everytime I go to the map I keep trying to zoom out with the backwards pinch lol. We need a zoom out badly in this game.
Lord of the Underworld,

HADES!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Solid suggestion. This is a personal crusade of mine. Give me zoom pinches or give me death.

Tamerlane
Lancer

Postby Tamerlane » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Really like this idea!!

Boomhaur
Knight

Postby Boomhaur » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 am

A whole region view would be nice to see what's around you easy.

Boomhaur
Knight

Postby Boomhaur » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 am

But again the bigger the map the smaller the cities will get and you will probably not beable to see what you want anyway.

StDark
Lancer

Postby StDark » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Minimap perhaps?

Raine0427
Lancer

Postby Raine0427 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm

What about a new map altogether? As in you can still view the map the way we do know but instead of a pinch zoom just go with a set ration zoom option that you touch a "+" "-" button for.
So when we zoom out once it shows us an area twice the size we'd normally see. Icons should still be visible enough but if they aren't just remove any cities below 18k including barbs.

The next scope out can be a region view and instead of having to show individual cities it can appear as a population density in the colours guilds are set as in diplomacy (ie. red, blue ect). Again leave out barbs. These density areas could appear as pools of colour and to zoom in you could tap on a relative area.

The last scope could then be of the world and display 2 of the regions that make up each worlds width (eg R1, R2). From here we should be able to move the world around our screen and pick which region we want to view by touching it. Each of the regions on the map can appear as one solid diplomacy colour depending on who has the most control of that region.

Just an idea. I'd understand if they thought it would slow valor down too much.

Daytonwaters
Lancer

Postby Daytonwaters » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:55 am

Oh how I have wished for this, too! To have a world view or at least several regions with even licensees squared colored according to diplomacy, would make global chat so Much easier to manage. It is hard to command guilds in war when you cannot quickly assign targets based on proximity. Perhaps not make it available umtil a player achieves scholars (cartography would certainly be the product of am advanced society) and perhaps open the scope according to development (culminating at it's greatest view when 43,399 jas been reached). I would be thrilled with a simple alternate view (ala TRIBAL WARS) just to get a greater view of the battlefield. Great game guys! Thanks!!

Daytonwaters
Lancer

Postby Daytonwaters » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 am

Sorry for typos. Couldn't see the dark font as I was typing

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”