Player search

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Collynm
Knight

Player search

Postby Collynm » Sat May 26, 2012 2:37 pm

You should be able to search the list of Players but be able to narrow down the search using factors like guild, not being in a guild, points, location (region/distance from player), and rank.

Collynm
Knight

Postby Collynm » Sat May 26, 2012 2:38 pm

This would help with stuff like recruiting and finding targets.

Ragz
Lancer

Postby Ragz » Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Or just search by name would help! Without having to write in chat or mail with bb codes just to get a link, you should be able to search players & cities by name

Collynm
Knight

Postby Collynm » Sat May 26, 2012 7:16 pm

With what I am trying to suggest is that your search would give you a list of players or cities that fall under the specifications of your search.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Sun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

What specifications? Must be active so many days of the week, with a minimum of this many points, without a guild or at least one that's never been in this guild or this alliance? Not trying to troll, but.... Short of allowing users to run self made code in game, I don't see how this is possible unless you spell out what it is that you want them to add.

For instance:
It'd be cool, like rag said, if you could search by name on the map screen instead or just by coords. Here's how I would propose you could accomplish it (and this is a real suggestion btw :P).

Add 3 drop down boxes at the top of the map screen.
1. The 1st one will include:
1A. Person
1B. Guild
1C. Custom

2. The 2nd & 3rd will change dependent on the 1st selection:
If 1A is in 1st, the 2nd will contain a drop down of all of my cities & when one is selected I port to that city on the map. 3rd would disappear.
If 1B is in 1st, I get a list of all members in my guild & the 3rd drop down will show all of their cities.
If 1C is in first, 2nd changes from a drop down into a textbox that I can type either the coords or name of a person to find. 3rd would disappear.

Is this like something that you are talking about?

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Sun May 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Under the 1st you could even add a 4th.
1D. Region

If selected, 2nd would list every region, 3rd would list every guild in that region only.

2 more drop down boxes would be added if 1D is selected.

4th would list every player with a city in that region only & 5th would list every town that player has in that region only.

Collynm
Knight

Postby Collynm » Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 pm

That is what I am generally talking about. Also look at first post again. Those are the specs I was talking about

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”