Diplomacy on map

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Yoshiooo
Lancer

Diplomacy on map

Postby Yoshiooo » Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 am

I think they should change the colour of allies on the map to green and naps to white
Enemies should stay red though
What do you all think

IdesOfMach
Knight

Postby IdesOfMach » Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 pm

I like the color choices. I don't know what NAPs are at the moment as my guild doesn't have any, but making the color of allies different from your guild would be a major improvement. I know allies are a "green-blue" right now, and while it's simple enough to tell apart, it's still subtle and not visually clear enough.

Coolcat4days
Lancer

Postby Coolcat4days » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Plus once you get a fully upgraded city the color blends in with the moat

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 am

Currently Diplomacy is only a way of color coding cities. NAP cities are colored purple.

In another post, the OP was color blind. Perhaps in the options you could add:
1) Filter mode, eg show cities that are only a certain color. All others would be transparent or hidden.
2) Shape mode, show shapes underneath a city
3) Icon mode, adds icons to a city like how the truce icon appears
4) Palette mode, allows the player to choose the colors and transparency of cities

IdesOfMach
Knight

Postby IdesOfMach » Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 am

I think the palette sounds most feasible, and allows for more customization. This could also be stored locally and wouldn't eat PlayMesh's server space. Would require a version update though, I imagine. Would still be cool to see, however.

And even though in-game it's just color-coding, it's a useful diplomatic tool. Particularly in my world, we have a bunch of "United" guilds. And then there are the "knock-offs," who just put that name in front. Color-coding is a good way to keep track of who's who.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”