The prince

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Sparda007
Knight

The prince

Postby Sparda007 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:46 am

Wouldnt it be awesome if the prince could be one of our units?
We can level him up and allocate skill points!!
Since valor 2.0 is comingwith great graphics it would be awesome!

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 am

May as well change this game to a console or pc and call it valor rpg lol.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Deano87 wrote:May as well change this game to a console or pc and call it valor rpg lol.

I'd love to see more discussion on this issue. We've considered things like a commander unit in the past, but we have real concerns about how it would impact/interact broader gameplay. We don't want people sitting there farming their heroes instead of waging war. The core of this game is brutal player versus player and we don't want to jeopardize that.

So yea, would love have a conversation about this.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

There are many applications for a commander type troop. The prince could provide a new ability like luck, say confidence. He provides confidence to the troops helping them to victory. Or he provides planning to take down a well defended high level wall. Or he does that in defense mode, massacring attackers. But what about when there is an even number of princes on offense/defense. Do they cancel each other out? Does the defender automatically have an advantage because of the wall?

This seems like an unnecessary addition with too many variables. We already have scholars to provide confusion.

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 am

PwnLaw wrote:I'd love to see more discussion on this issue. We've considered things like a commander unit in the past, but we have real concerns about how it would impact/interact broader gameplay. We don't want people sitting there farming their heroes instead of waging war. The core of this game is brutal player versus player and we don't want to jeopardize that.

So yea, would love have a conversation about this.

You say you dont want to jeopardize brutal player vs player combat, but it is compromised already with the amount of inactive players out there that farming players pray on, or barb cities. Get rid of free easy cities and you will see more brutal combat I guarantee it.

Sparda007
Knight

Postby Sparda007 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 am

The only boost gained could be attack boost!
The boost is upgraded each level when the prince levels up!
I Just want main character you know....
I Could name him whatever i want or he'll have the same name as me!!
It'll feel more realistic when i'm in the game!

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm

With the new chaos change of 15 attacks from one city, a prince, hero, etc. could add commanders to your army. Say, 5 more. Just a thought. Not really for or against it.

Coolcat4days
Lancer

Postby Coolcat4days » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:19 pm

I dont know about a leader. I feel it would become too powerful. Anyone who has ever played halo wars can tell you that. In case u dont know what halo wars is, it is is an rts

Collynm
Knight

Postby Collynm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 am

Maybe this prince could be a unit that when put with your troops he gives all of your units a small boost to their stats, say like plus 20%

Sparda007
Knight

Postby Sparda007 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 am

Collynm wrote:Maybe this prince could be a unit that when put with your troops he gives all of your units a small boost to their stats, say like plus 20%

Exactly!
:)

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”