Horrible game features

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Praetor
Lancer

Horrible game features

Postby Praetor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 am

I understand the developers want to make money but the ability for players to buy advantages over other players is complete BS. A couple of cases in point

Opponent launches retaliatory strikes than buys a truce.
Opponent buys 25% productivity increase for a week. Give me a break.
Opponent buys protection for himself. He is hit with 4,000 troops, 2,200 guardians and defends with 665 guardians and 1 ballistas. Result of the battle - I lose 25% of my troops and he loses 1 ballistas cuz the rest were "saved".

I enjoyed this game but now consider it pure crap. Will not be recommending this to anyone and will be putting a negative review of it on iTunes.

Feel free to flame me or add your own features that you hate about this time waster.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:19 am

Sit, with all due respect, the game model in effect allows the vast majority of te players to play this game for free.
Adding these paid game features allows the developers to have some form of limited income, yet still providing some form of support.

If you disagree with any portion of the game or any specific feature, please feel free to let us know and we will gladly take a look at it and attempt to address the imbalence.
That having been said, let's please keep the criticism productive, shall we?

Praetor
Lancer

Postby Praetor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 am

I think my criticisms mentioned above are 100% valid and productive. Start by looking at why after being attacked by a combined 12,000 troops and guardians, my opponent has not lost a single guardian and I have lost pretty much all of my troops. You guys obviously have the coding wrong in the game to have invincible troops. I will be rebuilding for 3 or 4 days and just hope he does not attack with his "Invincibles".

I would change the game so that once a truce is "bought" than the attacks that are in progress can complete but no damage to either side is done.

Lantos
Lancer

Postby Lantos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Truce, cease fire, yeah then both sides shouln't have losses. Just like Praetor said.

Ouweh
Knight

Postby Ouweh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Since when are wars fair??

But since this is a game one might expect some fairness, on the other side, whoever bought the truce (don't know what it is yet) also has his troops saved, who cares about the enemy...
But the amount of troops mentioned before is enourmes, damn, I will never reach that level.

Vinnymac
Lancer

Postby Vinnymac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I very much agree with Praetor on this matter. I think that more than anything truces are a joke. If Playmesh wants revenue I get it. But earn revenue in a way that lets us play for free and have a good gaming experience. I am not trying to fight about it. I am just saying there are SO MANY ways.

Mini-Purchases are one way. Yes. Paid versions of the game are another.
Why not let us have some custom UI's that we can purchase. Using graphical changes some people would get to pay to make their towns look like castles. Graphical changes would allow Playmesh to earn money without it directly effecting gameplay. That is my opinion, and that is what many games have done to earn money successfully.

War is never fair, correct. But this is not war, this is a bunch of small calculations done on a server that are being nicely displayed from my iOS device. Games, especially strategic games are supposed to have a factor of equal chance for all players. And if I was a billionaire I could technically have an advantage over other players in this game. I am not telling Playmesh to stop mini-purchases, I just think it needs some re-thinking.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”