Make your own multiplayer server!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Rehiula
Lancer

Postby Rehiula » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 am

That would be very fun, I like this idea.

TeerraM
Knight

Postby TeerraM » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:27 am

No. This would flood servers even more. No chance

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm

You obviously didn't read the article carefully. I said that you run the server from YOUR OWN PC.

And you don't know what you are talking about when you say it would flood servers. It doesn't effect anybody else because IT'S YOUR OWN SERVER.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm

The only thing that needs to be figured out is how Playmesh would make money. Because that's the only way they'll agree to it

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Well I just told you guys. They can sell the server making software for $40.

Even if they make it for free they don't lose anything. Maybe make it as a feature to celebrate a event like Playmesh's birthday or something like that to say thank you to there players.

If it costs to much to make, Playmesh could grant a license to some guys who would program it for free because he loves Valor.

Google makes their money from ads on their search engine. But when you go to google translate you never see any ads. It's because they have tons of money and they want to do it just as a complementary thing for their customers that bring them money everyday. You know it's just a small feature.

In Valor they changed the look of the map. Of course they did it because they thought it looks nicer, but it was unnessasary. The old map was fine, there wasn't anything wrong with it. It must have tooken a lot of time and effort to do that. And I think the reason they put that time (=$) and effort in is so they can make us (their customer that brings them $) happy.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I also find your question strange. Because multiplayer should be treated as just another feature. Your question is like asking "why would the mail system in Valor be free?" or "should you pay if you want to conquer more than 3 cities?"

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm

As I said - you won't find many people willing to set up a server and host. So, that revenue stream would not make up for the losses they would incur by allowing it. There's no comparison between Google and PlayMesh - totally different league. As far as not losing anything, Google opportunity cost and the losses might become clearer.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Comparing my question to your stupid questions about the mail system or conquering is irrelevant because that is a totally different aspect of valor. This aspect affects how Playmesh earns money. And we all know that Playmesh will want their money

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:16 pm

This sounds like a great idea but i just dont think it will work. A better idea would be choosing a region to go into.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm

I completely disagree josh. I think it's a good idea but that it still needs a little work. As far as picking a region, no. There's a thread on it. It would upset the balance of attacking and protection

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”