No guilds - still a good idea

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Hiitsmeeeeeee wrote:Guilds will be bigger than before in the no guild worlds. Since in regular worlds 25 or 60 is the max, players can only have that many members before they have to make sister guilds or start kicking players. With no guilds that means no guild limits. You can invite as many people as you want into a Kakao chat room. You can tell everyone in your "guild" important news and who is under attack. It won't be as good as the Valor Forums, but it will work out. Through Kakao you can get over 1,000 in your "guild".

As mentioned above, what can you do with over 1,000 in your guild??

Also if you put it that way, I can also have 1,000 in a guild in a guild on world. I can have a bunch of guilds and consider them one guild because nothing is offical right??

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 pm

I can do all sorts of things with 1000 people in my guild. It doesn't take much effort to set up a hierarchy and form those 1000 people into a coherent fighting force. Been there, done that. Overlay that onto a world where some folks are naive enough to believe there are no guilds, and that spells doom for those non-aligned folks.

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm

donut wrote:I can do that in a regular world too. Calling your friend for help can be done in any world regardless if guilds exist or not.

Isn't that the point of no guilds? No help from other players. Your friends help you and in return you help your friends, sounds a lot like a guild doesn't it? You can call it anything you want, but it is still the same thing.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Hiitsmeeeeeee wrote:Isn't that the point of no guilds? No help from other players. Your friends help you and in return you help your friends, sounds a lot like a guild doesn't it? You can call it anything you want, but it is still the same thing.

Like I said before, having friends (even 1,000) is not considered a guild unless it is offical.

Guys, why does it even matter if people get help from friends?? Yes it will provide an unfair advantage but have you wee heard of the saying, "keep your friends close"? Nobody in this world is a loner, so if everybody brought their friends, there is no unfair advantage anymore.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:13 pm

What is your fixation with things being "official"? A guild means nothing if the members don't cooperate. On the flip side, I don't need an official sanction to work together. Case in point is the 25 guild member limit and coalitions. Typically, a strong coalition will have charismatic leaders that move through the various guild to rally members and build esprit de corps.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Ok. I'm going to comb this thread so please, please bear with me.

3. Kakao is extremely useful.
4a. Can only support in-game guild mates with the exception of yourself so that's already in place.
4b. If Mr. Sky and larlis attack LordFireFall, I can put two and two together and assume they're in a "Uguild" so attack them both. And so on until the "Uguild" is figured out.
5. All it takes is a strong and charismatic leader that inspires the guild(s), and the guild(s) are kept together. For example, world 47 has about 26 guilds kept together by one person and it works great because of loyalty and friendship.
2. Again, all it takes is the strong and charismatic leader.
1.True, but you get 100 members in guilds, that means 4 full or 8 half-full allowing for new members. And this rejoining is not rare. I know a coalition in 20-something, 48, and 65 I believe. One in 20-something, 47, and 84. One in 30-something, 55, and 75 I believe.

So, to recap, I believe I've made three main points:

1. Great leaders
2. Kakao
3. Loyalty and friendship

And with these three aspects, any "Uguild" will not only survive, but thrive. Thanks for reading my post!

massacre184
Lancer

Postby massacre184 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I disagree, Uguild will basically be the same thing as guilds but with unlimited members. This would not be beneficial for anyone but those with hundreds of people.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”