Don't allow negative scholars!!!!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Renfrey
Lancer

Don't allow negative scholars!!!!

Postby Renfrey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:34 am

It's getting very tiring watching players excel and gaining cities/points very quickly, simply because they are obtaining scholars without any effort, and sharing them amongst others.

For those of us who actually work for our scholars, this is not fair!

A simple solution is to not allow scholar counts to go into negative and/or only allow players to have a maximum number of scholars that their scholarships will allow.

Brendone
Knight

Postby Brendone » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:38 am

I think it would be hard to implement any system in which you don't get the scholars already alive at a city you take. It's a valid strategy and takes a lot of (team)work on an ongoing basis to do this. If you know who is helping their guild with scholar cities that means you know which player to target (he probably won't have a lot of cities). If you eliminate him, all of a sudden his entire guild is unable to expand past the cities they have (long scholar walks) because they can't train any new scholars on the front lines until they pay off the big negative scholar debt.

If you're lucky maybe you can steal the scholar city from that player as he's giving it away and get a nest of scholars for yourself out of the deal. Also, if you can't beat them, join them!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 am

I see these and other complaints all the time. In my opinion, what it really amounts to, is someone came up with a new idea and others are now behind the power curve. That's how war works. I can imagine the English were thinking the same thing the first time cannon were used against them in 1324.

Renfrey
Lancer

Postby Renfrey » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm

The same exact thing was said about chaos, and where did that end up?

Are we also supposed to assume that in a brand new world, someone who has figured out how to end up with 2 cities while only having a total of 2100 points, is legitimate and likely a fair game tactic? (oh yeah, and 2nd place is still at 1600 points)

I know that we can start using the same tactics, however, as in modern warfare, I and many like myself, believe in rules of engagement. Where is the fun in steamrolling a world? Where is the fun in just producing scholars for other guild mates?

As far as I am aware, this is a game. A game with limits and rules. I was under the impression that we were supposed to buy scholarships in order to have scholars. I don't think there is a problem with assuming any scholars from a city you conquer, as long as you have the scholarships to keep them.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:42 am

There is no fun in producing scholars for another guild member. Eventually, those patsies get tired of doing it, revolt, and conspire against that person. I prefer PlayMesh spend their time fixing real issues with the game, rather than trying to regulate morality, or create extra ROE that is ultimately not needed. Players tend to self regulate well enough.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”