Two Support Types

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Raine0427
Lancer

Postby Raine0427 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:14 am

I agree with what Mr.O is saying about one player using all the troops (not his exact words but you all know what I mean). It would change the game play far too much and I think people would abuse the system like they have with creating a constant chaos.

In saying that I do agree with Vinny that having restrictions similar to the ones he suggested would help out a bit with the problems Mr.O brought up. But finding a balance seems really complicated and this game is better off avoiding being complicated if you ask me

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:31 pm

I am leaving for this post open solely because I really like the discussion going on (without the name calling). You can disagree with adding a certain new feature but please do not personally attack someone with any sort of name calling.

Adinel
Lancer

Postby Adinel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

I dont fully agree with everything here but i do agree in some ways... What i would like to see is being able to send some or all of my, lets say rams, to one of my own cities and then be allowed to launch them from that city... As for letting a nother player control my units, i have a hard time with. It would just be nice to be able to rally all MY forces in one place rather than have to send 5-6 different attacks that will be less effective if I was able to send it as one.... Just my thought

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

How about we use this support system but when the offense option is in play the support troops would have to use the farm space of the player being supported or have a little more like add 7000 more farm space just for the supporting troops idk just a thought this could really help younger players get up to speed faster

wesley
Lancer

Postby wesley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm not fond of the idea at all. A lot of the draw to me is having to coordinate and communicate. It would be nice, however, to be able to stage troops at an ally's city. They would still be completely under the control of the owning player.

Kagami
Lancer

Postby Kagami » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 am

Perhaps instead of letting other players control your supporting unit
You can command your troops at a foreign city to attack/support another city
This will be easier to implement and avoid some problems brought up before
Also could have two attack choices, attack and raid. In attack you fight with every man whereas in raid you only use about half of the forces as the main purpose is to raid resources

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

I am not in favor of this option. My opinion is that strong guild would grow stronger much faster. I think that would take away the draw for a lot of people.

Another use for this, and I think it would also be detrinemtal to the game, is that you could then share your army with another person. I am in NJ, if I "pair up" with a guild member in Malaysia, for example, when I go to sleep I send him my attack force and when he goes to bed he sends them back along with his. An army that never sleeps.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”