KSD for supporting!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Bl1ndFury
Knight

KSD for supporting!

Postby Bl1ndFury » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I know I've talked about this topic with people before and I didn't see anything when I ran a search here so I figured I would drop a post.

How about giving players KSD for supporting? Right now you get nothing for supporting your members except the knowledge that defending a teammate keeps enemies from over running your kingdom. But why not show those who actively support members some love by letting them get some ksd for supporting? It's resources lots, troops killed, etc., and nothing to show for it. Also, It really looks strange when you look at the KSD rankings and see that the #1 spot is held by a player that is no longer in the world, and the only reason they hold that spot is because they were wiped. I say give KSD for supporters.

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Consider: 75% of my cities are defense/support cities. 25% of the troops in those cities go to my offense cities in Support. Another 25% goes to guild mates on an as needed basis. Given that is usually an average 150-300 cities, I would get more (defender) kill points than I would as an attacker! Maybe a percentage (say 15%) of the total (defender) kill points earned by the city where you have Support.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Something is better than nothing. I would be happy with a percentage. It's still resources being lost.

Karkarn
Lancer

Postby Karkarn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I agree, KSD as it is now, is not accurate representation of how many troops you have killed defending with out putting support troops in the equation

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Yeah, but in real life, you don't get points for getting your own people killed. A courts martial, maybe.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:29 am

Who the hell wants KSD that just shows that you're getting pounded on KSA is where it's at people!

Jothemaster
Guardian

Postby Jothemaster » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:03 am

For Arouras flipping KSD quests. And we need to watch our language ghost, this game is recommended for ages 12 and up ( I'm not 12, but my 6 year old son plays this game when I leave my iPad at home.
Member of the w66 Kick Ass Crew
Kakao: Jothemaster (name is MAJORASXWRATH)
IGNS: MAJORASXWRATH
WRATHXOFXMAJORA
MyDreamMods
TheTrolkin
See Yall Fallin Down That Big Deep Hole =).

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Actually, Valor has an age restriction of 14 years old. It's in the legal blah blah blah. And KSA is where its at!? Any idiot can get ksa (no offense Ghost, wasn't calling you an idiot). All you have to do to get KSA is push the attack button. Its like aiming a gun at the ground and bragging cause you hit dirt. KSD is a tell for how good a player really is, especially if they still have cities :) Defending is an art that is all too often forgotten in Valor these days. Its what makes or breaks a good team, and sadly its trumped by players that did nothing but build and then run when they come under fire. At least KSA shows that a player is active. KSD doesn't even do that. Throw us a bone here playmesh, fix the KSD please.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I believe support is a valiant effort which will always bring the invaluable gratitude of the guild mate who received it from you.

But for all you stat-hungry killers out there like me, something like a KSS (Kill Score as Support) would be pretty cool.

Pidge
Lancer

Postby Pidge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Defence is the best form of attack! My KSD is four times my KSA, and I'm taking cities daily.

Take a city near your target, build your walls to 25, ram it with defensive troops, poke the bear (send enough attack wave to make them angry), let their troops die on your walls, send your scholars into their empty cities.

That's tactics for you, boys. Don't knock the KSD!

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”