If you want my money, make it worth it.

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
psyramius
Lancer

If you want my money, make it worth it.

Postby psyramius » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Greetings:

I'm new to this game but I have played others like it. I am the kind of person that pays for the games I play, if I think they are worth it. I'm also not one of those "give me lots of free stuff for free" kind's of people. I subscribe to a "Free" MMO because I like what my money buys. What I am seeing so far from Valor is a game I would like to pay for, but it's just too expensive for what I will get. Let me explain.

Taking out the bonus %5 and %10 for bulk purchase, and the magic .99 to make me think I'm not really spending $20, the cost of Gold is 5 Cents.

Say I buy the middle of the road big pack and get the 5% bonus, I just spent $50 for 1050 gold.

With that I can buy
42 instant spies
42 resource exchanges
21 weeks of extra que
or any combination of a number of other things. I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure if I was to maximize my gold use for full convenience to get the maximum out of the game, I would burn that $50 in a month, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Now for that same $50 I could get
Skyrim from Amazon, and probably 3-5 months of play out of it
or
My other MMO subscription for 5 months, plus a pile of their purchase currency to but micro items not unlike those offered by Valor.

The bottom line is you are not giving good value for the money right now. At 1 Cent/Gold, or world long unlocks of features, rather than weeks at a time, you have me spending money. But $.63 for a single spy, or single resource exchange, or $1.25 to unlock one VERY SMALL feature of your game for a week. That is not really a "micro" transaction.

I'll keep my money and work with what you give me for free.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Thank you for your feedback regarding our gold system. I really appreciate well written posts like this as I can bring it to our "gold people" and let them see directly how our customers feel/think about the system.

PhoenixEdge
Lancer

Postby PhoenixEdge » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

I agree that some of the in app purchases are just far too expensive. I don't mind the resources costing 10 gold for 1000 of a resource simply because if it were any cheaper it would make people with money to burn have a huge advantage over other players. It's a nice boost for a new city. However, the cost for Aurora's blessing or the queue extender is outrageous. It's just not worth the money. Make those two things a fourth of the cost, and I'd buy it.

Mel
Lancer

Postby Mel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 am

In app purchase are the most stupid price I have ever seen.
Like Eternity warriors , maybe they have same mother company
I would like to pay 1 or 2 or even 5 for a game ,but not stupid 19,99 or 49,99.
Even so , the dollars I pay will only pay for perminant skill not short time period.
Earning $1 from a million play is much claver than make a stupid pric

Server is so lag today , always tell me to check your internet connection.
Other App which uses Internet are working perfectly , build member in singapor also counter with bad server connection.

Killerxx777
Guardian

Postby Killerxx777 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 am

I mean,valor has around 1,5m players.if you rock bottomed the price of gold for a week or so,70% of people would probably buy it.Make the price around 3-5$ for 1000 gold and that would be millions :D Yes,the heavy gold users would stack gold and will not buy for the next few months but just imagine how much cash you will lure out..

Kev265
Knight

Postby Kev265 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 pm

And how quickly that would ruin the game ? Lol

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 pm

PhoenixEdge wrote:I agree that some of the in app purchases are just far too expensive. I don't mind the resources costing 10 gold for 1000 of a resource simply because if it were any cheaper it would make people with money to burn have a huge advantage over other players. It's a nice boost for a new city. However, the cost for Aurora's blessing or the queue extender is outrageous. It's just not worth the money. Make those two things a fourth of the cost, and I'd buy it.

As Orlor indicated, this topic has been raised on the forums before and rest assured, it is being discussed within PlayMesh. I cannot tell you if or when the prices will change, but i know that the discussion is currently taking place.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Rick2011
Lancer

Postby Rick2011 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:56 am

Doesn't appear anything's changed re: price of gold. WAY too expensive to make it worthwhile. Also, the items purchased with gold (like blessing and queue extender) should be permanent at those prices. Playmesh is asking me to pay them $1 per week EACH for two things that ought to be permanent features of the game. Not gonna happen. EVER.

And the 11% holiday sale price is still way to rich for the limited benefit of paying for the gold.

There's another thread about the uselessness of the quest rewards compared to the amount of resources that go into achieving them. How about replacing with gold? Now THAT would be a useful reward!

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:20 am

Rick, really? that was two days ago i left that comment.

I don't know when any significant changes to the price model will made but i can tell you that it will NOT be over night.
For support in game, please go to:

Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon

For support outside of the game, please go to:

http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Kev265
Knight

Postby Kev265 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:29 am

Well technically If it does change then one day it will change over night :p

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”