A limit on who can attack who

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Paladin wrote:Honestly I really do enjoy your game and my frustration initially branched from a combination of the fact that I was not only destroyed by a significantly stronger player but that I feel that I never had a chance to keep up with them despite my best effort as a result of an extended period of not being able to log on. By the time I returned many cities had grown and many players expanded their territories. My initial frustration perhaps prevented me from expressing this as clearly as I would have liked. However the more apparent frustration of my last post was due to the quality of responses. Deleting this game over this would be stupid. I will try again and see what happens. I won't bother your support team; I'm sure that they realize the effects the Kindle outage had and I have already caused enough trouble. I must admit that half of the reason for this entire thread was venting my frustration (of course it didn't feel like that at the time). All I did was sort of make an *** of myself and I apologize for that. Thanks for the response though; it has kind of clarified a few things about your game for me so I can be a bit better prepared for this type of thing in the future. Hopefully not just in mind but also in troop and ally count.

Don't apologize for bringing legitimate gripes to our attention. It's how we get better at doing what we need to do. That fact you got owned because there was an extended downtime is pretty unforgivable from my perspective, and you've got a right to vent.

<3 XOXOXO.

destro31
Knight

Postby destro31 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 pm

either you suck it up and come up with a better strategy to play valor. or you can just run back to your little game of farmville and miss all of the fun updates that are to come. your choice. i felt the same way in the beginning. its all about strategy.if you play it right then you will survive. so just suck it up.

Brendone
Knight

Postby Brendone » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 am

FYI to Paladin, there is an aspect already included in the game that I didn't notice anyone mention, called Morale. I'm not sure the exact formula for size difference for morale, but essentially the bigger the attacker is vs a smaller defender, the lower the attacking army's morale will be (your troops don't like abusing smaller players either). I'm not sure how bad your morale can get but take this scenario:
I have 25k points and attack another 25k point player, my morale is 100% and I have 1000 knights to his 100 lancers. I lose 45 knights.
I have 25k points and attack a 1k point player, my morale is 43% and I have 1000 knights to his 100 lancers. I lose 106 knights.
I have 100k points and attack a 1k point player, my morale is 25% and I have 1000 knights to his 100 lancers. I lose 152 knights.
You can see how even a few defenses on a much smaller player will make farming not worth it, and most of the time bigger players don't like to build up their cities from under 10k points either (as barb cities grow to that level on their own). There is a natural progression of the game which protects very small players, and the morale factor can be massive when a small guild comes together to defend small members being attacked by big enemies - since support in the city doesn't increase the attacking army's morale, you can inflict 4x the losses against the assailant very easily.

Aquisgran
Lancer

Postby Aquisgran » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 am

If there was an attack limit for low users, I would hide my zerks and resources in their cities. If a "support" limit is included with this, them you kill every chance of guild helping and teamplay.

As Brendone mentiones, the cost x benefit of morale, low resources and troop lose is a good protection for lower players. Also, they can receive small supports from an ally. A target with 100 guards, 300 sentries an 300 lancers, with low resources is and that is not such an amazing army.

MadforitUk
Lancer

Postby MadforitUk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Get in a guild that is near you son is quick to support you find a way to comunicate easily between all of you.

Attack and defend as a team and help with resources then you'll grow quicker and call on support easier. If your not in a guild or out on your own you're easy pickings! We get together plan attacks and go on the rampage about 7 or 8 of us a night and we are a very big guild each one of us has 3-5 cities each, we share the final capture around. We are all together in our area and we are weeding out all between us. So strength in depth and numbers is what you're aiming for.

That's what play mesh want and that's not changing and it should not.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”