Idea: Finger-swiping to your next city

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Biwin
Knight

Idea: Finger-swiping to your next city

Postby Biwin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

I play on an iPad so this is probably more directed towards iPad users, but I had a quality-of-life idea that I thought would be relatively easy to implement.

We have our arrows at the top of the screen (which we now know are sacred ;) ) to switch between individual cities in alphabetical order. It would be really great if we could
do the exact same thing simply by swiping our finger right or left on the city screen. On the iPad I find I'm constantly having to move from the bottom of the screen to manage thinks like my market/academy/guild forums etc. all the way back to the top to change cities. I'm sure on a smart phone this isn't much of an issue as you're just moving your thumb up a bit, but it can get a little tedious on a larger screen. An easier idea may be to simply add city arrows to the bottom button row as well.

I could be way off and this idea is flat-out impossible, or I'm the only person in the world who thinks this; thought I'd throw in my two cents anyway.

Brendone
Knight

Postby Brendone » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 am

Already exists in the beta. Works fantastic and makes the new top bar way better.

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Tried it out in the beta. It works pretty well but it'd be nice if I use it on the city screen instead of only the top/bottom bars. Also it only works if you choose to use the new top bar, which as always, is uninformative and plain ugly to look at.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”