Troop Kill

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Bdenuto
Knight

Postby Bdenuto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 am

I agree that this is something that is needed. Sending troops off to be killed by attacking a large remote city is possibly just the thing that brings your small empire into the spotlight you don't want.

However, it has been asked and Orlor has answered before.

If I remember correctly, the response was a concern about people accidentally deleting troops (and the unmentioned problem of having customer service inundated with requests to put the troops back). If you look at how many posts in this forum are for people who accidentally abandoned worlds, you can understand their concern.

Another concern was compensation for deleted troops (although the answer to this could be: nothing, just as in removing building upgrades).

Orlor, I apologize in advance if my memory is wrong and I misstated your answer.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Bdenuto wrote:I agree that this is something that is needed. Sending troops off to be killed by attacking a large remote city is possibly just the thing that brings your small empire into the spotlight you don't want.

However, it has been asked and Orlor has answered before.

If I remember correctly, the response was a concern about people accidentally deleting troops (and the unmentioned problem of having customer service inundated with requests to put the troops back). If you look at how many posts in this forum are for people who accidentally abandoned worlds, you can understand their concern.

Another concern was compensation for deleted troops (although the answer to this could be: nothing, just as in removing building upgrades).

Orlor, I apologize in advance if my memory is wrong and I misstated your answer.

Sounds about something I would say.

Having a straight "kill troops" function does have a few issues attached to it. Bdenuto did show just a few of those

It is something I have let the game designers know has been requested though.

Bolba
Lancer

Postby Bolba » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Thank you! I appreciate that.

I can understand the problem with accidentally deleting them but that could be solved with just a window asking if you we're sure. There may still be problems, yes but it's be better than what we're stuck with now IMO.

I wouldn't want anything in return for deleting troops. Other than the farm space. I don't see it needing time either but that could solve the accidentally deleting them dilemma too. Being able to cancel it.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 pm

so you would be suggesting something like having a wait time before all the troops are deleted? maybe make a rate of deletion?

Bolba
Lancer

Postby Bolba » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Something like that could work. I would prefer it delete troops faster than it takes to train them. But in terms of fairness if we were to base it off demolishing buildings maybe half the time it takes to recruit troops? That way if someone accidentally hit it they could cancel it still. But it doesn't take an ungodly amount of time to retire unneeded troops

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 pm

If you are really concerned about your allies knowing what troops that you have, then I would consider a different alliance. Trust is important. And also I have message enemies asking if I kill some troops ( granted its well supported before) Most will, since it's just a game. They are normal everyday ppl anyway

LordDedder
Lancer

Postby LordDedder » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I second the motion for an option to disband troops. I would love this as I often change city posturse (defense vs offense) and move scholars around. I find myself wasting a lot of time farming barbs just to kill troops. :(
Don't really care about rate or not or cancel or not ... designers choice .. hehe ;)

Toubacos

Postby Toubacos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am

A possible solution is when people try to abandon troops is a pop up message saying:

WARNING!
You are about to delete the following troops:

<Number of troops per kind>

Are you sure?

Yes (being enabled after 3 seconds)

No

Problem solved. If they tap yes after 3 seconds than they knew what they were doing so no need for customer support.

Bahl
Lancer

Postby Bahl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Totaly agree. A fun feature would be if the disbanded troops went to populate nearby barb citys.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 am

I think that there are lots of way making what Bolba wants to, we all used these (I already nearly started war on allies sending a warning mail to a player on vacation and then sending 5x20 guardians in order to have room for recruiting 5xscholars; all the effect was that multiple trip wires warned other mates and the attacked player couldn't calm them as was offline... Lol).

Anyway, Bolba's idea's an easy way to enhance the game and I really think this could be seriously though... This could be done with the sliding option as for downgrading the building is Graphical City, maybe with another pop-up message that could be disabled?

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”