Archers

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:32 am

RockNRoll wrote:Could make it do that archers are better utilized defending the city but weaker when attacking other cities, and maybe even tie their strength/defence into the level of the wall. Higher level wall makes archers better.

You see this system is already in place with other units. It applies to both sentries and lancers. They have unique defensive capabilities and poor attacking capabilities. If this is already in place, what place would be archers have that is unique and warrants having them added?
Everything in this post already applies to sentries and lancers.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

LegendSD
Lancer

Postby LegendSD » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 am

Seems completely pointless to have archers. My opinion

CrushR
Lancer

Postby CrushR » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:36 pm

That would be great! Maybe archer towers too, for extra archer defense. Then, a little hairs will be added to battles. Archers can change the tide quickly.

DonDavid
Lancer

Postby DonDavid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello everyone and greetings for those holiday. Please i ask you to apologies my poor English, i am European and my natural language its spanish.

The archer theme its very right, in any medieval time strategies game archers are paramount.
You guys think about archers, why? There are some troops mistake, for exemple, bersekers in the medieval time? No way, those guys never live in medieval time, they belong to the antique time, berseker was a germanic infantry from the the II century. Another big mistake here, its the Ballista... Same of the berseker, the ballista belong to a another century, trebuchet take over ballista for the medieval time.

Now you are thinkimg how to insert archers to this game, well guys easy cake, go to kings age the game, Valor is a plagiat of Kings age, and here you would see how they insert the archers...

Have a wonderful holiday everyone.

LordBrocky
Lancer

Postby LordBrocky » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 am

Why do you want them as defence?? We only have zerks and knights as attack at the moment, yet we already have lance,sentry and guardians as defence.

To keep it balanced archers need to be attack. Now if we look at the biggest problems with attack troops, it has to that they are too slow, so we don't use them.

The solution is to make the archers as fast as knights, but to attack as well as lance only. That means it's worth it to send knights and archers together, even though the archers won't kill as well as zerks, at least they won't slow you down!

LordBrocky
Lancer

Postby LordBrocky » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 am

and you can make them 2 farm points (because they run so fast they need more food).

Beware
Lancer

Postby Beware » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 pm

At the end of the day its choosing defensive and offensive troops. It doesnt matter if you call them archers or someting else. Its about how they react to each other in an attack. So you have serveral combinations which are beneficial for you or not. You can make that more exiting by adding bonus to the defender or attacker. So to my opinion do not add extra troops to this game, but maybe build in bigger bonus if you use higher levels (have a bigger wall etc.). A brainstorm on this topic would help....

Scipius
Lancer

Postby Scipius » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm new to Valor, so I'm still figuring the mechanics of the battle system out. But, I think I've got an idea. In ancient and medieval times, archers were often placed behind the main line, or were often paired with spears, pikes and other polearms. The melee troops provided the archers with protection from enemy troops and would absorb enemy counter-fire, while the archers would thin-out advancing enemy formations, thus making the melee troops' jobs easier.

Like I said, I'm new and still figuring out the battle system, bonuses etc. But, I think that if an archer unit were to be added to the game, its main advantage would be that it couldn't be killed until all of a certain troop type (Lancers, for example) had been killed ("the line is broken"), thus leaving the archers vulnerable to attack.

Just an idea.

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 am

DonDavid wrote:Hello everyone and greetings for those holiday. Please i ask you to apologies my poor English, i am European and my natural language its spanish.

The archer theme its very right, in any medieval time strategies game archers are paramount.
You guys think about archers, why? There are some troops mistake, for exemple, bersekers in the medieval time? No way, those guys never live in medieval time, they belong to the antique time, berseker was a germanic infantry from the the II century. Another big mistake here, its the Ballista... Same of the berseker, the ballista belong to a another century, trebuchet take over ballista for the medieval time.

Now you are thinkimg how to insert archers to this game, well guys easy cake, go to kings age the game, Valor is a plagiat of Kings age, and here you would see how they insert the archers...

Have a wonderful holiday everyone.

The main problem the Devs face is making everything unique. In relation to games such as Tribalwars and other equivalents they need to make their own spin or take on the game and use their own names. It is easy to suggest that they should be implemented however to implement them in a way that does not breach copyrights of other companies is a big issue

I'd like to see them introduced but like Tribalwars does maybe only on every third or fourth world

Just my 7 cents ;)

russianIvan
Knight

As scholars

Postby russianIvan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 am

May be make them expensive, but you will build not one unit - regiment of them. They will have very big attack against infantry, medium speed, n will be very weak against knights and guardians. Also, if they will be in city they will have great bonus against all troops.

Sorry for English - I'm from Russia

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”