Abandon city

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Pidge
Lancer

Abandon city

Postby Pidge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

I really like the idea of being able to abandon a city. The city would just go barb, and you would lose any troops etc that belong to it, but get your scholar back.

I can see some really interesting tactical opportunities coming out of it.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm

why you get scholar back? it belongs to the city just like the troops

ILockHiM
Lancer

Postby ILockHiM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 pm

he's right. the barbarian city can manage itself like it was at the first time you tried to take it under your control.
then you can take your scholar back.
nice idea, support it.

Pidge
Lancer

Postby Pidge » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 am

Sorry, when I said get the scholar back I mean +1 to 'scholars you can educate'.

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 am

The meaning of leveling your enemy’s cities to 2k is to slower him: he has a scholar used in that city and cannot use it to cap another. He has to rebuild that city

So, ok to be able to abandon a city but you should loose the scholar and the scholarships

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:39 pm

i see that as a way to be able to keep restarting until you can make lots of scholars immeditately after you have an academy
people would just build up, restart, build up, restart, build up, restart, build up, restart...
many people would take advantage of this.
i think its a idea in progress. keep working on it :)

Dlor
Lancer

Postby Dlor » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm

MechaStorm wrote:i see that as a way to be able to keep restarting until you can make lots of scholars immeditately after you have an academy
people would just build up, restart, build up, restart, build up, restart, build up, restart...
many people would take advantage of this.
i think its a idea in progress. keep working on it :)

No he means that the # of scholars you can educate goes up by 1 to make it up. It would be like getting a scholar killed. Say if you lose one scholar and you could only educate 2, well now you have no scholars but can educate 3. No abuse can happen as you don't get a free scholar, same way when you lose a city. The point is that the city which you abandoned, which costed you 1 scholar to capture it, provides you with the +1 you can educate. It's like you never used that scholar in the first place, but you did lose the resources that it costed you to train him. If people try what you said, they would end up losing 50k on each resource as they have to retrain that scholar.

AnarchyAngel
Lancer

Postby AnarchyAngel » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 am

I like the idea too, a lot of crossfire issues could be resolved without having to drop guild.

Clessmo
Lancer

Postby Clessmo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I like the idea too. It allows you to decide in which region the gravity of your cities should reside. It would be also a strategic consideration to move away from battle intensive spots to be able to grow faster

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”