Archers

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 am

russianIvan wrote:Sorry for English - I'm from Russia

Your English is excellent.

In general this is an excellent discussion, some really good ideas here.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks) will wait for updates

Killerxx777
Guardian

Postby Killerxx777 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm

About archers.Perhaps a strategical use for them would be ambush.They will have the ability to ambush incoming troops and attack them while still on the way.That would add a lot of strategy,as it would be a unique capability.Btw by incoming troops I mean not only incoming to the village your archers originate from,but your other cities too.
👌.......stealth ☝☝☝

That unique enough for everybody? :D

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:24 pm

No. How you will take city if your army will be killed before it reach city!?

Killerxx777
Guardian

Postby Killerxx777 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Their attack might be low. And send more troops,so they don't die.

Pringles248
Lancer

Postby Pringles248 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Yes, I think archers would add a great deal of strategy and change things up a bit. The game hasn't changed a ton since the beginning (I started played W2) and it would be nice to see something new. I agree archers would be units that could "ambush" troops from incoming attacks, weakening the enemies forces a bit before they reach your walls. They wouldn't be an attacking force, more defense. I would say that the archers could only weaken. Not completely wipe out. The enemies. IDK, just some thoughts.

Marti92
Lancer

Postby Marti92 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 am

Okay guys I've read most of the posts in the thread and I like the idea, but for some reason it seems very closed minded, archers are a very specific, ranged unit. How about the idea of rouges? Like an archer, but has foot soldier ability as well. Sort of like the elves from Lotr. They were good archers and they can hold their own in close combat. I like the idea of ambushes. It should be when an army gets within a certain distance/ time to your city. A defensive capability. I can't decide on the offensive capability, it's between allowing them to sneak in like scouts and sabotage the production rate of certain buildings. So for instance the barracks, you send say 25 rouges it slows down the production time by 25 percent. With that being said there should be a cap to how much you can slow down a building. The other is to allow them sneak in and kill a small amount of troops, but the attacker cannot be identified so retaliation not feasible. But I'm talkin about a small amount of troops more of annoyance than anything. Because you now have to wait for say 5 knights to be recruited again. Now after both ideas have been said, the success rate for the bothies ideas will be less then a scout. And they travel just as fast as a berserker. The cost shouldn't be horrible either in my opinion. Because they are a foot soldier. Now for talk on stats. In my opinion. They should be balanced in attack and defense. But you should get bonuses for defense with a walk because height advantage. And when attacking the ranged attack should be at a disadvantage if the defender has a wall because the ability to shoot over it would be difficult, so archers attacking a city with a wall manned by defending archers the defenders have a bonus at defense and the attacking archers have a minus in defense. But a city with just foot soldiers attacking archers can start the attack from far away and hold their own when approached by foot soldiers. I know it sounds confusing but a lot more thought will have to go in to figuring out the specifics. The designers will have to calculate the battle differently. Depending in the units. The rouge will be the class right in the middle. I have a lot more thoughts on the subject but I want you guys to give me an opinion so far on what I've said.

Kagami
Lancer

Postby Kagami » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 am

archers good in defense but bad in attacks
archers defense can be average of lancer + sentry (perhaps slightly higher than average)
attack maybe about 10
walk time lancer or sentry
haul should be low... say 5 (half of berks)

so maybe something like this (unit specification)
70 50 70 1 10 50 40 12 5
requires lv 10 barracks lv 5 forge

perhaps something like this
don't want to overpower the archer
without having to change the game too much (easier to implement)

but personally don't think archer is necessary
the game is already great
if you want to add more will really have to change the game

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Archers

Archers are an inaugural part of any medieval army but they wore very little or no armour, would kill from long range but would not fire into hand to hand battles for risk of killing their own men.

This could be worked into valour by having slightly better attack than beserkers but the defence of a scholar, cost the same as a guardian but as slow as a lancer, have first strike but be useless after, just as effective in attack or defence mode

That's my opinion hope it helps

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Maybe this has already been suggested, but archers can be defense strictly against rams and ballistas. When someone brings rams to bang down the wall and the door, it should be the archers firing from the top of the wall at the soldiers using the rams who defend against that. When ballistas are firing catapults from long range, the archers are firing back at the soldiers manning the ballistas, after all what good are the rams and ballistas when there is no one to man them. That could be the job of the archers. It could take a certain level of wall, barracks, and workshop to research archers in this scenario. In attack, archers take out other archers, just like scouts take out scouts. Thoughts?

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”