Permanent World

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
T3hAwsum
Lancer

Permanent World

Postby T3hAwsum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:28 am

Hi guys. This is my first forum post so go easy on me. I was thinking: what we had a permanent world; one with no win conditions, so that you never had to start over? Tell me what you think.

(If this already exists, sorry. Remember, I'm new lol.)

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 am

All worlds before W122 are that way. I much prefer the new way.

Bane554
Knight

Postby Bane554 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

I really like the new worlds, but the old ones had their own appeal as well. much bigger worlds, with much more competition, barb and inactive farming (kinda annoying though with the people who play all day) but fair for all still.

I Think it would be pretty sweet to maybe have an old style world come out maybe once a month? It would get massively full and active, thought mat take a lot of players there for a long time.

If its possible it would be really cool to have a old style world show up every once and a while still, maybe every month or 2? that's just my opinion, and im sure Quark Games had put a lot of thought into their decisions on the way Valor is going now as well, and I completely respect that.
Bringer of Ruin

T3hAwsum
Lancer

Postby T3hAwsum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm

LordFirefall wrote:All worlds before W122 are that way. I much prefer the new way.

So how do I get to one of those worlds? I'm playing on an iPod Touch if it makes a difference

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

I think that it would be good to add back from some of the old worlds. Have them open for a few days once a week and I am sure many people will join them. The world worlds had a certain sense of competition that the new worlds don't have. In the new worlds all the cities are taken in about 5 days and the inactives have already been kicked so all the open cities are taken and the only way to expand is to start a war and take enemy cities. In the old worlds people would be growing for about a week before a single city was captured. It took about a month or two before any fights broke out and longer for wars. It may have taken longer for wars, but since everyone had over 5 cities they were much more massive and fast paced. The wars were weeks of hard and long wars, now it's two or three days long to finish a war. The old worlds and the new worlds are very different, but I think we should have the option to play in both.

Sirboland
Knight

Postby Sirboland » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Hiitsmeeeeeee wrote:I think that it would be good to add back from some of the old worlds. Have them open for a few days once a week and I am sure many people will join them. The world worlds had a certain sense of competition that the new worlds don't have. In the new worlds all the cities are taken in about 5 days and the inactives have already been kicked so all the open cities are taken and the only way to expand is to start a war and take enemy cities. In the old worlds people would be growing for about a week before a single city was captured. It took about a month or two before any fights broke out and longer for wars. It may have taken longer for wars, but since everyone had over 5 cities they were much more massive and fast paced. The wars were weeks of hard and long wars, now it's two or three days long to finish a war. The old worlds and the new worlds are very different, but I think we should have the option to play in both.

Well, The new worlds force war, The old ones end up building alliances through out the world,, I agree that they need bigger worlds, But the new layout is great.. A 10k world two weeks and a larger every month would be great for players who want the ever lasting world feel. Quark Games seems to want a new approach to the old way, I would love to see the winning for winning a 1k world tho.

Arrigo
Lancer

Postby Arrigo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:51 am

I agree. I respect the direction and aims of the new worlds and appreciate their qualities but I feel the option should be provided to enter an old world type. I know that personally my friend stopped playing because he doesn't get the same experience from the new worlds like the he did from the old. I miss the old barbs and huge worlds. Having both would appease both camps.

Karl302
Guardian

Postby Karl302 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I play w36 daily if they would alow new players there I'd jump start that world again granted most players there have 200+ city's but there's lots of 40+ barbs there as well

McMorris
Lancer

Postby McMorris » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I know personally I highly enjoy the old world style. It suits my game play style which is a slower pace. Also they facilitated people who lived out busy lives as well. In the new worlds it is much harder to keep up without playing the game as much. The old style worlds with the somewhat slower pace enabled more people to successfully play the game. I know that myself and my co crown will be retiring from Valor after we win our last old style world we are in. If they added in an option to play both styles I might stick around but without that option Valor will become a thing of the past for me.

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am

T3hAwsum wrote:So how do I get to one of those worlds? I'm playing on an iPod Touch if it makes a difference

You cannot join them, once they close no new players may join them.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”