Gathering resources (please read)

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Darklord
Lancer

Gathering resources (please read)

Postby Darklord » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:31 am

On the map there are forests, oceans, and big stone mountains. From these you should be able to send troops and get resources from them. From water you should be able to get clay. From forests you should be able to get wood. From the mountains you should be able to go inside and mine iron. And obviously the more troops you send the more you can gather and like anything else have a travelling time. I hope you like this idea and put it into use. Thanks Darklord

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 am

Isn't that what the lumberyard, quarry, and ironmine buildings are doing for you?

Now, it could be made more realistic in that the closer or farther a city is from a mountain, a forest, or a lake/river/ocean then their production times of those materials is affected. But, that is something I'm not terribly sure I'd like... :)

Deigo 73
Lancer

Postby Deigo 73 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Stark, I believe he was trying to come up with an additional way to seek out resources without having to attack a city.

I like the idea, but I think it has to come at a cost. It should take certain units a certain amount of time to extract resources. A lancer with a speed of 12 should take longer to collect than a guardian with a speed of 7. This way you will have travel time to the resource, time spent gathering the resource, and travel time coming back. The time spent gathering should be high.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Idioticfuse
Lancer

Postby Idioticfuse » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Id like to add to that idea. Have a new unit called workers that need to be protected by your troops to get those resources, and there should be barbarians also living in those resources that you need to fight.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:41 pm

I like the idea, but consider the balancing ramifications. Since you have very little control over your initial placement, there would be the potential for certain players to gain a significant early advantage due to their city placement. We have to cautiously guard against imbalances of this sort.

However, I'm sympathetic to your cause. I'm short on lumber right now and I REALLY don't want to wait. :D

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:46 pm

:D ..........

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Le sigh. How can I build more guardians to PEW PEW PEW without lumber? It's unjust!

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 pm

I think this is a good idea but would need some kind of restriction on it like needing a new unit to do this, have smaller hail cappacitie or having to fight barbarians because if you dont add restrictions it = no war = no game.

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Again implemented in kingdoms of Camelot whereby you had to own the piece of land for it to boost what you produced in your city, distance from your city didn't matter as you had to be able to take control for it to be a benefit, so no matter how close you started you would have to reach a certain level to have control, city levels dictated how many you could control, again this could be adapted for valor

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:30 pm

would be great to conquer a forest!! keep all the wood for yourself. now that's fun.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”