Race Options

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Fzman
Lancer

Race Options

Postby Fzman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:45 am

I suggest having different races. Each race could have their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their own troops. For example, there could be elves, dwarves, gnomes, and humans. Elves could have an advantage in long range troops, while dwarves have an advantage in close range. In addition there could be special skills that can be researched for each race. I know this is a pretty out there suggestion, but I think it would add a lot of great elements to an already fun game.

Pringles248
Lancer

Postby Pringles248 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:49 am

I'm sorry but this would completely mess up the game.

Pepito80
Lancer

Postby Pepito80 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Then this game would be called skyrim LOL

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:05 pm

It's realistic game :) On AppStore already tooooooooooooo many games with races
P.s. In this game only short-ranged troops :(

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Not so much race as nations, you could have Vikings who have a bonus with their beserkers, Norman knights, Americans would have better engineering (building/upgrade and or siege machine bonus) English archers (that would solve a previous call for archers to be introduced) French architects (scholars reduce loyalty by 25-30 instead of 20-30). You would have a choice of race whenever you start/restate a world so you could play different races between worlds.

This would be in keeping with the realism of the game and offer more strategies as you could limit guilds to one race and ally with guilds of another race or you could allow mixed race guilds

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 am

Please learn history- Vikings and Americans was in different epochs ... Make also Mongolian (better horse warriors ), China(better ballistas&rams) Arabs(better cavalry&archers, but not as high as English n Mongolian)

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:34 am

I wasn't going for history thank you Ivan, but as most players are from America we can't penalise them for not having any, it was merely an example !

There are several takes you can have on this Mongols, Aztecs, even Native American if you prefer

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 am

russianIvan wrote:Please learn history- Vikings and Americans was in different epochs ... Make also Mongolian (better horse warriors ), China(better ballistas&rams) Arabs(better cavalry&archers, but not as high as English n Mongolian)

Valorgamer wrote:I wasn't going for history thank you Ivan, but as most players are from America we can't penalise them for not having any, it was merely an example !
There are several takes you can have on this Mongols, Aztecs, even Native American if you prefer

I'm with Ivan here to be honest. Its a trivial issue but i dont see how Americans would fit in to this. Not knocking Americas but they really werent involved in any of these periods. If we involved American's from the time that America was founded, gunpowder was already in production, which would completely negate every other troop and current defense. Americas a great place an all, but i dont see how thats relevant to the game. (Trying REALLY hard not to be offensive here, but if i fail, call me out on it)

Someone also had a very good point in an earlier thread also pointing out that Ballastias arent really appropriate for the "era" either, but in terms of the mechanics they really work out. So there may be a place for races in here somewhere to make the game better. I guess we will just have to see.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Mr. O, if you want I can make list of nations and which kind of troops will be stronger when you playing race a, race, .....

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm

I think the nations idea is great but we should keep it strong eurasian nations from the period with bonuses like,
England= archers
Mongals= cavalry
China= war machines
Spain= scholars
And maybe building bonuses like
Italy= farming
Visigoths= faster building
And so on.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”