Question / Suggestion on City Population Max size...

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
LordRugg
Lancer

Question / Suggestion on City Population Max size...

Postby LordRugg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:19 pm

This was posted under questions about a week ago but didn't get a response... hoping get an answer here perhaps and see if others agree...

I've played a number of worlds and always wanted to ask how/why it was determined by Playmesh developers that 23,778 was the max. population size. Why not an even 24k?
Why not 30k? Just curious.

Also, and this may be more of a suggestion for a future release, but ever since the Forge and Market were introduced which allowed the city to grow past 40k, I would have thought the max. population should have increased along with it (maybe allow Farms to get to lvl 32 or lvl 35?).

In a way players are actually penalized for maximizing your city with regards to troop size and strength. A city smaller in size (25-35k) can actually hold more troops and provide more effective offense or defense. Would have thought the larger the city, the larger the army size...

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 pm

As long as buildings take population, this will *always* be the case (ie., larger the city, the smaller the army).

I do agree with you though. I'd love to see a bonus applied for maxing out each building. Perhaps an additional 100 units (@ 15 building types, that would be an extra 1500 pop if all buildings were fully upgraded). If you max every building and have a fully built city, then throw in an extra 1k pop for a grand total of 2500 extra population.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”