Building suggestion

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
AmitBit
Lancer

Building suggestion

Postby AmitBit » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 am

Hi, in my opinion every five levels of upgrading a building the building should be able to build more and more things Simultaneity imean for example the City hall will be able in level 15-20 to upgrade/build 4 buildings on the same time instead of waiting that every building will finish to start the next building otherwise i can not find what the purpose of upgrading?

AmitBit
Lancer

Postby AmitBit » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:54 pm

It is a shame that no admin wrote a comment i dont understand why are you asking people for their ideas and you don't even bother to read it or comment about it...

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 pm

I like this idea

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am

The purpose of upgrading the City Hall is to be able to build other buildings. For example, without a level 25 City Hall you can not build the Academy.

The forge unlocks unit research. The various barrack buildings allow faster training times (and unlocks units). Higher resource buildings make for faster production. Etc.

In short, the game already does this...

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:02 pm

We read every comment we may not comment on every single one but we read them ! as stark said this already happens
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm

City Hall also decreases the build times of all other buildings.

AmitBit
Lancer

Postby AmitBit » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 am

But it does not build 2 things simultanty it needs the first building to finish to start the 2nd...

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Correct. Which is a different suggestion than what you posted.

Instead of trying to couch it in false terms... ie., "It should do what I want otherwise there is no purpose to upgrading it" you ought instead just lay out your suggestion. We've pointed out that upgrading the City Hall has 2 very real, and very advantageous purposes for upgrading: to build other buildings and to decrease the time to build other buildings.

You want it to be able to build multiple buildings simultaneously instead of buildings be queued up for production. That's fine for a suggestion, no need to add hyperbole that isn't true to get your point across.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. Allowing simultaneous builds on different types of buildings would speed up the process of upgrading one's city. However, speeding up this process would have greater impacts that likely would need to be considered. Ie., you conquer a city... you can now rebuild it many times quicker and have it available for attack or defensive purposes. Or, you attack an enemy's city with ballistas and rams, destroying his wall and a vital building (say his warehouse). Being able to do simultaneous builds means that his recovery time is much quicker (and thereby your attacks are made weaker since the effects are reduced).

AmitBit
Lancer

Postby AmitBit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 am

The point is to let the city hall build sumultanieously every 10 levels mean in level 30 you will be able to build 4 different buildings on the same time so if you decreases the cuty hall level he wont be able to do so and when you coquer it you wont be able to do so until you will reupgrade it to it levels

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 am

Yes, I understand that. What I have not decided is how this will affect the other facets of the game.

When you boost something's effectiveness, it will generally have a ripple effect. The goal is to accurately predict those ripples and to then decide whether they make the original idea implementable or not.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”