No attack on players who are not connected or on vacaition

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
bns001
Lancer

No attack on players who are not connected or on vacaition

Postby bns001 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 am

There should some protection for players who have not connected for 120 hours, but have a history of connecting daily.
This protection period would allow for 5 days of REAL LIFE disconnect protection.
There are note after note about people cities being decimated while someone slept, or was on vacation.
Either that, or an announcement of war to the player city being attacked, with a 24-hour notice of the attack... before an attack can commence.

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 am

I understand the frustration but this is a war game. I wouldn't want to give anyone a heads up when our guild is planning a surprise attack. I don't even scout people anymore because I don't want them to know my intentions. and if people go on vacation, well that's like a king leaving his castle unattended. it's as good as gone.
you need to leave a reliable house guest when you are gone. have your guild mates set up trip wires. that is the only protection you should have.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Well there is protection... It's called a guild. You look after your mates while they are gone and they'll do the same for you.

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm

This points to a guild feature... Is there a forum/question/thread/link that I could read?

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Again, this is a guild issue. Is there a link to learn more about working in a guild?
Thanks.

Rimple
Lancer

Postby Rimple » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

What about having like a sitter aspect? They can control your cities when you are away?

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 am

"Oh crap, I've got attacks coming into my cities!"

I guess now is as good a time as any to go on vacation. :)

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Rimple wrote:What about having like a sitter aspect? They can control your cities when you are away?

A designated sitter would work... Better yet, when one is attacked, their entire guild gets a message. That way, whoever is playing can help thwart the attack by sending troops. Then, guilds would function as guilds did.
It still means that there should be an active list on the guild of player, player time zone, estimated times when play is connected, and actively playing. This sort of list should be a required report kept in the guild's forum. This would also assume that the guild knew to put this together... and actively kept track of time zones covered by active players.. so that members knew when they could safely sleep.

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Stark Bledfast wrote:"Oh crap, I've got attacks coming into my cities!"

I guess now is as good a time as any to go on vacation. :)

Exactly. Vacation, or just go to sleep. That means that a guild must be at least 24 players, and each player would have a guard "shift"... But as far as I know, there is no way for such an attacked thread to go to the whole guild... or just the person on duty.

That idea of a page/push to the guild when someone is attacked... or to the person on "guard" duty...

Wrecking
Knight

Postby Wrecking » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

They could make it that you can only go on vacation every 3 months for like a week. But if they are not connected you will be able to attack.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”