Guild Flag

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Snowman9
Lancer

Guild Flag

Postby Snowman9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am

The ability to import a .jpg, or other picture format, for something like a guild flag would be neat. Every time you click on a kingdom in the world map, their little profile could come up with their guild flag to the right of their stats. Of course a major concern would be innappropriate and copy written images being displayed. Before importing make the uploader agree to a simple rule: No inappropriate or copywritten images. The developer will have to assume no liability if the uploader breaches contract and uploads something illegally. Also if a guild leader is found to upload something so offensive, their account linked w/ their e-mail address should be banned from all worlds, effectively kicking them from the app for breach of contract. I'm not a lawyer, but does this sound like something people would want? And is it worth it for PlayMesh to create with the legal problems that "could" arise?

Snowman9
Lancer

Postby Snowman9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Perhaps PlayMesh-created default flags maybe?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Having more ways to customize cities is something in the works. I can almost guarantee it won't allow uploading a custom picture for all of the reasons you stated.

Some sort of group of pre set icons or valor pictures is more likely.

Snowman9
Lancer

Postby Snowman9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm

I liked what Treyarch did with their custom game tag and the implementation of layers in Black Ops. The more points the guild has combined, maybe the more designs, shapes, colors, and layers are unlocked. It would be up to the guild leader to create the logo. This may be cumbersome though to the Devs. A complete image editing software would be needed to do this. I'm not sure of the patent on that type of tech, it may be too expensive.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

^ lol? They already have the software to produce it. Need evidence look at the modest virtual lady in your quest.

Snowman9
Lancer

Postby Snowman9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I think you're missing my point. Of course they have an art application used to create all the gfx we see in-game. But what I'm curious about is if we can "customize" a flag ourselves using preset designs made by PlayMesh, within the Valor Ap. Then in the guild tab there may be an option to create a guild identity. By using designs created by PlayMesh it avoids copywrite infringement and cuts down on inappropriate I.D.'s. I'm thinking maybe 30 unique objects (swords, sheilds, skulls...etc) to mess around with through 5 layers. Then within those layers you can adjust opacity, scale, position, and rotation. It's the same concept from Call of Duty Black Ops made by Treyarch. It may be asking too much, but this type of feature would be real slick. Who knows, maybe the guild leader may purchase "premium" designs from the store?

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:07 am

Regarding "having the software"', not for the developers artists, the problem is adding an in-game shape and layout feature that can do nifty stuff.

Though if ASCII art and Miis are any indication, too many available shapes can lead to inappropriate images or words.

Sir2456
Lancer

Postby Sir2456 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 am

What if there is a background, foreground, and a picture that all has primary and secondary colors, and there are 30 choices for each?

Grimroth
Lancer

Postby Grimroth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Kinda like Halo Reach emblems.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Would probably end up being a set that couldn't be rotated etc as much as Snowman is talking about.

It is amazing what graphic pictures some people can make with some square and triangles.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”