Selling cities

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Mon May 28, 2012 2:09 am

Sounds like a good idea, but some people would do things others mentioned and ruin the idea. One person could win the game by buying most of the cities from others and then could easily capture everyone else in the world.

TeerraM
Knight

Postby TeerraM » Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 am

In this case a whole guild would "sell" their cities to one guy which would end up with much more than anybody else.... Bad idea

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Mon May 28, 2012 3:13 am

This giving cities away has been mentioned in other threads. Way too easy to abuse it. Even easier to abuse if you could sell it. You have an entire guild join a world, sell all their cities for gold, and all then jump ship to another world. They could do this untold times till they had a endless supply of gold and dominate one world. 👎

Goatmaster
Lancer

Postby Goatmaster » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:19 pm

If you made it so that you could only give cities away and not sell them i think this would be a solution to balancing issues. If the receiving person had to have an open slot for a scholar to be trained to receive a city it would keep the game in check expansion wise and make it so that it was honestly just a time saver so that you dont have to attack people in your own guild if they decide to quit. You could even make it so that to receive a city it would get rid of 50k of each resource like if you were to purchase the scholar and claim the city that is how much it would cost you. What are your guys thoughts on this or arguments against it?

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:24 pm

This doesn't seem like a good idea to me:
First, as stated, people would abuse it.
Second, a person even with gold should not start a world and have 2-3 cities because of multiple devices.
Third, the whole point of the game is to conquer and gain a lot of cities to dominate enemies. But if the conquering was eliminated then it would just be a boring game of how many cities you can solicit before anybody else.

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:52 am

Duke24 wrote:This doesn't seem like a good idea to me:
First, as stated, people would abuse it.
Second, a person even with gold should not start a world and have 2-3 cities because of multiple devices.
Third, the whole point of the game is to conquer and gain a lot of cities to dominate enemies. But if the conquering was eliminated then it would just be a boring game of how many cities you can solicit before anybody else.

Basically how gets in older worlds really. Who's got the most cities type of thing. Too many inactives leave too many cities, I think they should just reset so than there isn't the need for capping them and the actual conquering from an enemy is the main focus.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 am

Definitely would like to see inactives reset to a normal size barb.

Goatmaster
Lancer

Postby Goatmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 am

Duke what about the suggestion I made? It would make you progress at the same rate but it would just save you a single walk time of scholars so that you could continue on conquering your enemies instead of being forced to take a city because it may fall into the wrong hands?

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Goat, people our guild has eliminated have plenty of scholar slots. I do not want them to receive cities in some far of region surrounded by our enemies, just as we were finishing them off.

LordFirefall, there are too many Inactives to turn into barbs.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 am

Tooltip - I'm talking the inactives that already have barbed out. I think it would be much better to reset a 40k barb to 10k. You've got entire guilds who focus on capping inactives rather than actual combat.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”