"Give/Transfer City Ownership" function within guilds only.

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm

@math it's not just me friend. I'm just trying to either convince him or be convinced by him.

How about this instead?

This be used only when someone leaves the game and is an irreversible choice (after hitting multiple yes I really want to quit boxes, because lets face it someone will do it by accident). Once chosen the instead of you being able to select who you want to give the city to... It be divided out evenly throughout your guild.
Ex:
1. I want to quit.
2. I choose yes to the 70 are you sure you want to quit.
3. I am currently in a guild with 20 people and I have 43 cities.
4. The cities would be given away in order of my highest city to my lowest.
5. A snapshot would be taken of the guild member point page.
6. My highest city would go to the lowest guild member in points.
7. Then the 2nd highest would go to the next lowest at the time of me choosing to quit.
8. This would go through my first 20 cities and then start over until no more cities are left.
9. The member with the lowest points would get my 1st, 21st, and 41st city.
10. The limit be set to a maximum of 5 cities to avoid a member from getting his friend or another account into a guild of 2 and transferring 43 cities to the other one.
11. It still would take up a scholar or if no scholars are available it would put them in the red for the amount of cities they got.

Personnally, I still don't like the idea because I don't like people getting stuff for free, but it would give an easy way to leave the world and not screw over your guild.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 pm

How would you address keeping player eliminations balanced? Eliminating players is a fast way to cause a guild to disband. With this, you could save a player 10 times as long a scholar can be rebuilt.

Kaleel
Knight

Postby Kaleel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

@Vasasalo: A few questions, if I may:

10. The limit be set to a maximum of 5 cities to avoid a member from getting his friend or another account into a guild of 2 and transferring 43 cities to the other one.

We just had a crown quit a world and left 62 of his cities. Many of his guildmates had quit and there were only 5 left. Using your proposed method, only 25x of his cities could be distributed evenly across the remaining guild members. What should happen to the remaining 37x cities? How will they be divided? Or will they become Barbarian Cities immediately?

11. It still would take up a scholar or if no scholars are available it would put them in the red for the amount of cities they got.

So... this distribution method would claim not only unallocated scholars, but also incur scholarship debt? And what happens if the city being given away already has 3 scholars in it. Does the new owner of the city also have to pay that debt as well? Or do those scholars get used up in the ownership transfer process because it is recursive?

EXAMPLE:

• I have educated purchased 55x scholarships, educated 10x scholars, and used up 9x scholars in conquering other cities.
  • I have 1x unallocated scholar left.
  • I am the recipient of the 4x cities from a guildmate through your proposed method. But 3x of those cities already have a total of 7x unallocated scholars.

• When City #1 is transferred to me (it has 0 scholars):
    • My 1x unallocated scholar is used up. No worries. I gain the city. I do not incur any scholarship debt.

• When City #2 is transferred to me (it has 4x scholars):
    • I don't have any allocated scholars, so I incur the debt of 1x scholar. At my current level, the cost of that scholar is 11x additional scholarships, so I now have a debt of 11x scholarships.
    • However, I also claimed those 4x allocated scholars, so now I am in the red for an additional:
      • Scholar #1/4 costs an additional 12x scholarships
      • Scholar #2/4 costs an additional 13x scholarships
      • Scholar #3/4 costs an additional 14x scholarships
      • Scholar #4/4 costs an additional 15x scholarships
    • ... for a total debt of 65x scholarships.

• When City #3 is transferred to me (it has 0x scholars):
    • Am I allowed to use one of the 4x scholars I just acquired to complete this transfership?
    • If not, then I incur another debt of 16x scholarships, which brings my debt to 81x scholarships.

• When City #4 is transferred to me (it has 3x scholars):
    • Same questions as above. If not allowed to use the scholars, then the debt goes up:
      • Scholar #1/4 costs an additional 17x scholarships
      • Scholar #2/4 costs an additional 18x scholarships
      • Scholar #3/4 costs an additional 19x scholarships
    • ... for a total debt of 135x scholarships.
So the end result is that I have 13x cities, purchased a total of 55x scholarships, 7x unallocated scholars and a DEBT of 135x scholarships.

By the way, the math does work ou (13x cities owned + 7x scholars unallocated - 1x default starting city = 19x possible cities conquered = minimum of 19x scholars educated = minimum of 190x scholarships purchased).

And per your proposed method, the recipient gets the whole city intact w/ troops and resources? May I ask how that is fairer or less "cheating" than my method, which incurs a penalty upon the city so that the accepting player doesn't get this carte blanche?

Just because the strongest city goes the weakest player in the guild doesn't necessarily mean that it's a fair distribution process. One of my sister guild currently has 20x players, and each player has at least 20+ cities, most of which are maxed out on points (43K or so) -- so in that context, the "weakest" player would be hugely advantaged by this.

My other concern is that, per your proposal, this method would be largely one-sided: specifically, it appears that the recipients have no say in this. Not sure if I want to wake up one day and be surprised with a negative 30x scholarship debt and the new owner of a bunch of random cities strewn across a region some 8x hours away from me. That would seriously mess up my plans if I had saved up a few scholars in order to conquer the cities in my immediate area.

Also, I don't think you've addressed the issues of:

• Allowing active guild members to transfer cities, and still remain in active play in the guild/world.
  • Disposing of unwanted cities while the player remains in active play in the world.
-Kaleel
-Kaleel, casual gamer
==========================
The forum search function is your friend.
Please use it before posting.
It won't let you down.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:51 am

A city with full resources will net you 12 scholarships. So honestly this debt won't affect anyone too much. I've got 77 cities, that can crank out 924 scholarships roughly every other day or so...
As for an intact city, since it's 'free' reduce every building in there to lvl 20. If it has an academy demolish it. Kill the scholars.
As for unwanted cities, they should have a way to abandon the city. I think this has been brought up before in other posts along with firing troops.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 am

Instead of reducing to 20, reduce everything by 10.

Mathijsvand
Knight

Postby Mathijsvand » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 am

I personnaly think that scholar debt is not a good idea. If you have no scholars, you can't get cities. It makes more sense to me. No scholars = no conquering, so why would you be able to receive cities, without scholars. You have to think about scholars, like they are mayors. If you have no mayor, ***ody will follow the right orders. It's just my personnal opinion though, but I think scholar debt makes no sense at all.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:13 pm

that's cool, but it's really no differant then being able to go in the negative when your farm gets pwned by ballistas.

Kaleel
Knight

Postby Kaleel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 pm

@Vasalo: A few more questions regarding the scholarship debt and use of scholars.

A city with full resources will net you 12 scholarships. So honestly this debt won't affect anyone too much. I've got 77 cities, that can crank out 924 scholarships roughly every other day or so...

Ah, but per your proposal, the strongest city goes to the weakest player in the guild. If the weakest player doesn't have 77 cities like you with max resource production, then the scholarship debt they incur is a very big problem for them and might cripple their ability to play.

As for an intact city, since it's 'free' reduce every building in there to lvl 20. If it has an academy demolish it. Kill the scholars. [...] Instead of reducing to 20, reduce everything by 10.

What happens to to structures that are already less then 10 levels? Will they get reduced to Lvl 1 or will they be removed entirely? (e.g., will a Lvl 9 Market be reduced to a Lvl 1 Market or will it be destroyed entirely)? Also, what happens to the armies in that city? If they remain intact and the Farm is reduced by 10 levels, are we purposely incurring population overages?

Also, you still haven't addressed the issue I raised earlier of this transfer being a one-side process, in that the giver has total control of initiating this process and the recipients apparently have no say in it. What about the guild members who don't want to receive cities from the exiting player because they want to reserve their scholars for other usages?

@ Mathijsvand:I agree with your stance on the scholarship debt issue. You should NOT be allowed to either conquer a city or accept a city transfership unless you have the necessary amount of unallocated scholars. Even having available scholarships in the bank is not enough; you must recruit scholars. The game will not let you automatically conquer a city if you have 20x free scholarships but no scholars, so the city transfership function should abide by the same rules.

-Kaleel
-Kaleel, casual gamer
==========================
The forum search function is your friend.
Please use it before posting.
It won't let you down.

Mathijsvand
Knight

Postby Mathijsvand » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am

@vasasalo: if you go into the negatives with your population, you can't build more units. But with your proposal you can have up to 15 scholarship debts, which to me sounds painful to get back.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:57 am

Why would it be painful if you have a brand new shiny city for free?
Usually the people that quit have been playing the longest. So the ones that a scholarship debt would affect the most would have a brand new city to take up their time until enough resources are made to make up for the debt.
Besides the debt would be felt the worst by the highest player with the most towns and resources.
For example if I had 2 cities and got 1 town because someone left I would owe 3 scholarships or one scholar.
If I had the 83 I have right now and got 1, I would still just owe one scholar or 84 scholarships (each town will give me 12 scholarships every other day) so only 8 of those 83 towns resources would go towards replenishing the debt if one is incurred. Leaving 75 untouched city resources, so I really don't see where this would be horrible for anyone.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”