Speed Ups

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
IdesOfMach
Knight

Postby IdesOfMach » Tue May 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Like I said, dedicated :P

cedcool14
Knight

Postby cedcool14 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Cough...Itunes gift Card...Cough

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 pm

sancheezy wrote:Do you realize that, if they allowed you to apply multiple speeds ups, then the people that buy gold would outpace you even faster. In other words, anyone could instantly grow exponentially (assuming they can afford it).

I am new to the boards but I am a bit surprised that there is not an, "Input Voucher" option for people/minors...In other words, just a coupon code that people can lean on their parents/family for (especially for the holidays) for gold. Maybe you can buy the code and pay via Paypal or through a credit card portal online.

I am not sure if anyone had ever mentioned this (I am sure people have) but that would be a way to get around the, "I am minor" problem and sell some more gold.

Just a thought.

Sancheezy has the thrust of it. Ultimately we need to make money to continue development (sad but true, engineers won't work for free), but we're unwilling to break the game for the sake of monetization. The top players in a number of our worlds are non-monetizers, and I want to make sure everyone feels like they can dominate in Valor.

This means we can't permit maxing for monetizers immediately. I'm sympathetic Sparda, I really am, but we need to design for the edge cases (like if someone spends an enormous amount on the first day). Even if it would work perfectly well for you, people would exploit it if we were to permit multiple applications. We could design a quasi-system that would allow people to periodically apply multiple speedups, but then things get way too complicated. If we're gonna add sophistication into the game, we'd prefer to do it with new features.

I'm willing to consider a "trade in" option for 15 minute speedups so people can trade up, but I'll be honest that it wouldn't be high priority. We're focused on something really big in the next few weeks, so that's taking up all of our focus. Hopefully that will be enough to keep you smiling. :D

Good idea on the voucher. I'll bring it up in the next design meeting.

Sparda007
Knight

Postby Sparda007 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 pm

K.............

Goatmaster
Lancer

Postby Goatmaster » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Sparda007 i have read all the posts on this thread and it sounds like you are worried that people who spend money are the only top players in worlds. I am currently in world 62 which is my first world i have ever played in. I havent spent a single cent on the game and i have worked my way up into the top 15 players list for the world. I am just trying to tell you that if you have good strategy mixed in with a little bit of luck you can be one of the top contenders with NO GOLD.
And i would also like to highlight that you DO have the option to buy gold via an itunes gift card which was proven to you earlier so you do not need to fret about not having a credit card. My last observation is that you are still trying to get them to solve your problem of having many lower speed ups that you want to use all at once even though there have been answers to your problems presented. This makes me think that you dont want to spend money on gold and you just want to combine your current speed ups to be able to get what people pay actual money for, for free. Because, if you are willing to pay gold the gift card solution would have been enough to satiate your needs.

Sparda007
Knight

Postby Sparda007 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:47 am

Where do i even get a gift card?
I live in maldives!
We dont even have an authorized seller for apple devices,!

Collynm
Knight

Postby Collynm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:02 pm

There should be a facepalm emoticon...

cedcool14
Knight

Postby cedcool14 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Im not good in geography but is maldive a country or a city? An in which continent

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Sparda. I'll answer this from a payer's side. Even though I've never spent a cent on this game. If I spent money, and speed-ups were "stackable", then I'd most likely buy speed-ups and resources in a combination so that all I had to do was tap the buttons. I'd have an academy within a day or two with enough resources to fund my whole army and have multiple cities within a day or two. I sympathize with you and have often been frustrated by the fact that you can't stack them. But the fact is that if you could, payers would have such an advantage, non-payers would quit and Valor would be a contest to see who has the deepest pockets. As far as payers having an advantage already, I'll admit it. Some do. SOME. Like pwnlaw said, many non-payers are top. It all depends on strategy, and for payers, how to strategically use their money. And the fact is that some don't use it strategically. So there really isn't a whole lot of difference. Your power depends on how and when you play your cards. Nothing else really. Everything else is additional

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”