New Interface

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
RyanK
Lancer

Postby RyanK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Would it be difficult to search city names with 'contains' rather than 'begins with'?

Lorddino68
Lancer

Postby Lorddino68 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Really u tested with say 40 cities and tried an attack? Doubling the number of clicks and adding a refresh for next cities you preferred extra clicks and time taken to launch, able to remember which cities had which troops and scholars to send off?

It alike having a car and being to forced to unlock each door separately with a key before it allows you to get into it and drive...

Are u guys involved in designing the new ignition system, u know the one that makes u blow into a tube to test the alcohol on your breathe, take a swab to detect for drugs, pull a lever form the roof to check your seat height is optimal for viewing and then asks you to press on each floor pedal to test you have adequate position. Then you are asked if the vehicle is carrying dangerous goods -answer yes and the indicators flash and it is speed limits to 50% of the road speed limit?

Lorddino68
Lancer

Postby Lorddino68 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 pm

This game is about farming, growing, attacking and conquering, why make it harder to do the activities we loved the game for?
We have lived through many issues of instability but stuck with it cos it allowed us to do the basics, even with frustration.
Now u cannot even do this without notes on a piece of paper to remember where things are or are not...

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 pm

I prefer the update, other than how long it takes to go thorough cities it is much better. It takes a little getting used to but it works much better than the old one.

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 pm

It is supremely obvious from this patch that the designers nor the testers play this game past 10 or so cities.

And is it me or the Resources line is way to small

No it's not you; the resources used to be placed in a prime location next to the build queue and under all the useful information in the menu bar.
Now they're squeezed into the top above this ugly brown bar where I can barely see them.

Not even going to discuss the city sidebar and its uselessness.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm

I like the new upgrade so far. Except for three things.

1. It crashes when I open the map. I know that that's being worked on so I've switched to HD for the time being.

2. The fact that the arrows are gone and now I must go city by city making what was a 10-minute c**** now a 30-minute task.

3. The fact that you have to load the rest of your cities. It's be much easier to just have everything there.

Love the search bar for cities though. +1. Plus it seems to be less buggy. Thank you!!!!!

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Really! You block out c h o r e?

M00SE
Lancer

Postby M00SE » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

1. Make side bar the portal for cities.
2. Bring back arrows to move thru cities
3. Shrink gold count and make city info/name larger. This is the info that is used most often

M00SE
Lancer

Postby M00SE » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Clarification on number 1. Replace the current portal with the new sidebar function.

LordEnriqueVT
Lancer

Postby LordEnriqueVT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 pm

The new interface is cool. However, I agree on the back and forth buttons thing, I really miss those. Couldn't we get both the sidebar - which is really cool - and the buttons?
Also, I do not like not being able to look at the full city name on the top bar, as you could do in the previous versions. I have over 90 cities so I use region codes to name them - as many ppl do - so it's really not functional only being able to see the first three charactersof the city name.
Btw, the game seems to be more stable, so cheers to that!

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”