New Interface

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Xanion
Lancer

Postby Xanion » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 am

Skarloc wrote:........ And PaulD, the advantage of the (21674/23000) view in the top right was that you could see at a glance whether a particular city's farm was built up to max level. A "0" could mean your city is fully developed, or it could mean you need to upgrade your farm..... Too ambiguous

Exactly, you understand what I ment in my post. When scrolling (with those nice next/prev buttons) through the cities you do quick checks for storage, farming, troop building. Thats no longer possible.
If the prev/next buttons are not coming back quick im sure not gonna start on world 100 and will rethink if I continue with the current games.

camprinz
Lancer

Postby camprinz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:06 am

Yes, please change farm back and the arrows! Like the sidebar but still need arrows!..preferably in a different place.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:02 am

Wow, playmesh is really having a bad day with this one. 5 pages of complaints and only about 2 peices of constructive criticism. Yikes!

My opinion is the new style is not needed. Valor lately seems like a bipolar girlfriend that can't figure out what it wants to wear. (no offense ladies, it was the only analogy I could come us with at the moment). It seems like we've had 2 or 3 new style interfaces within the last few months and none of them have addressed any of the functionality issues that Valor gamers have talked about. Unless Playmesh is having to redress Valor in order to get at the root of the functionality problems, then making yet another interface style update is not needed. Can anyone at playmesh tell us why the new style was created? What issues was it meant to address? Or was it just a new look?

Iisthabob
Lancer

Postby Iisthabob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am

I agree as well we need a way to scroll through cities efficiently the arrows were good. We don't need a portal button at top and the bottom. When just making scholarships the new interface is clumsy and more time consuming than hitting the arrow and being done. People with a lot of cities get into a rhythm going through all of them to build scholarships and this destroys that. With the arrow buttons you didn't have to look for which city was next. to me it seems that we asked for easier multiple city management and you guys said "here you go an extra step is now required now quit complaining or we will really screw it up for you"

Koology
Lancer

Postby Koology » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am

This update sucks!!! We need the left and right arrows back ASAP!!! I can't even see my city name!! This update is making me very annoyed and not wanting to play anymore!!!

Xanion
Lancer

Postby Xanion » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 am

PwnLaw wrote:It's pretty interesting. When we play tested internally, we really preferred the sidebar to the next button once we got over a few cities. I'm surprised you had that preference at 40 cities Xanion. Thanks for taking the time to comment though -- we'll take a look at all of this feedback during the next UI/UX meeting.

Replies as these do not give me the feeling you guys play your own game as seriously as we do.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 am

For future reference for those who updated and are stuck having to use it: keep two copies of Valor on your device. The regular and HD will suffice. When an update drops, only update one at a time so you can check it out first. If you play on the HD
Version, update the regular first. If the update sucks, don't update the HD version, that way you still have the previous version and you don't get stuck playing an update you don't like.

Kindlarry
Lancer

Postby Kindlarry » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 am

Without the next previous button, I have to hit twice as many buttons to scroll through cities. Which is a real hassle when building troops and scholarships. I have 480cities which means i will have to push an additional 480 buttons to build scholarships. It already takes 2+ hours to go through the cities. The best solution would be an auto troops build button and an auto scholarship button for all cities. I'd even pay for it. I tried using aurora blessing for troop building but it never worked very well.

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

I'd be happy with a "convert all resources to scholarships" button. Would mean I could focus on the enjoyable tactical part of the game, and not spend 2.5 hours every few days building scholarships by laboriously scrolling through endless cities

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 am

..... That function would benefit PlayMesh too, since players spend gold primarily to enhance the tactical aspect of the game (truce, medics, instant scout etc)

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”