World Mapper

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Eray530
Lancer

World Mapper

Postby Eray530 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:32 pm

I would like to suggest a world mapper that details giant areas of the world for quick viewing. For a further example of what I'm talking about there is a free download from a game I used to play on the pc called RoE Mapper. This download also included a war time strategy planner with times of arrivals depending on the troops you select. It also allowed you to highlight alliances, enemies, NAPs and individual players in a multitude of colors. This was very helpful during not only in times of war but also in peace. Just a thought.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:45 pm

I remember that Naperville thing man that game was the bomb lol but this game is way more social lol and yes it would be cool if playmesh could create an app that would allow us to view the world map or something similar this way it doesn't crash the game server :) I like this idea very much lol

Eray530
Lancer

Postby Eray530 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 am

The RoE mapper was very basic. It just showed the different color dots around the map. No terrain and no detail on villages besides who was the owner and it's location on the map. It is such a basic idea it could not be hard to produce and not crash the servers.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes but imagine doing 40 world maps! Lol

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Interesting suggestion. Do you have any screenshots of what you would like to see? I'll poke around the inter webs in the meantime.

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Something along the lines of koctools.com http://koctools.com, registration required, this is for kingdoms of Camelot on facebook but someone with the knowledge could easily make something work for valor, and it works for 100's of worlds

Eray530
Lancer

Postby Eray530 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Yes there web based download is very simple and is used for several different maps. They do a Dailey update to show what cities have been taken and what cities have gone abandoned "barbarian" in Valor. I do have some screenshots but to get the real low down on it you would have download it and play with it. It has some amazing features that I never fully used. It even had a full battle planner. You could lay out attacks from all your villages in it would help you organize launch times all within the mapper tool. It's called RoE Power Tools. It is also a Facebook game if you want to look it up there. I am not sure how to post pics here or I would.

Eray530
Lancer

Postby Eray530 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:40 pm

If any of you are on Kakao hit me up and I can share the pics with you there. My user name is SirKnightDragan.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”