Added Troop Support Feature

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Theresalwaysaplanb
Knight

Added Troop Support Feature

Postby Theresalwaysaplanb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Rough Idea: Be able to send a troop that is currently on support duty on one city to go support another city directly from there.

Broader Explanation: Let's say City A sent a troop with numbers of 1000 L and 1000 S to City B.
City A owner then just gained control on a city directly adjacent to City B which he calls City C. Now he wants to transfer the support troops from City B to City C, without them having to come back to City A.

Closing Note: If the idea is still too vague I'll clarify it more soon. Hope everyone would like this suggestion and also again "hopefully" it will not imbalance the game by a large scale. Good day all.

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 am

I agree. I've posted this suggestion before, but it may have been overlooked by admin.

The way it's proposed may lack realism, back in the medieval ages they didn't exactly have our ability to communicate with troops far away. When city A's troops are supporting city B, but need to be rerouted to city C, we can't just have it work as though they are getting an e-mail or phone call. But if Playmesh developed a messenger unit in the stable who can travel fast and light, then they can deliver messages to armies ordering them to rerout.

Maybe the messenger travels 5-10 times faster than the next fastest unit, but can't be used again for several days because of exhaustion. Or the speed is based solely on how often you use them. The less they are used, the faster they go. 1 messenger can deliver 1 message. That's how I envision it anyway.

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 am

I also think this would be a solution for how to cancel an attack that left more than 15 min. ago. If an army is attacking a city, but before it gets there something changes my mind and I need to stop the attack, I can send out a messenger. If it can get there before the attack, then the attack is canceled.

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 am

Perhaps create a new unit, "Field Commander." Give it a speed slightly higher than a scout (but less than a merchant). If you choose to recall an attack then this unit will be sent out. If it catches the unit in time then the unit will turn around and return to the city. The Commander unit will also return (but separately; it won't join the returning army and thus will return first).

If you wish to send a supporting unit to another city, you can send the commander unit to the city where the supporting unit is stationed. Upon arrival the support troops will begin their travel to their new destination and the commander unit will return to the city that sent it.

In this way it will still take time to relay orders, and if you wait too long then the commander won't arrive in time. It will also take up pop space, and the player will have to decide how many of this unit to create (ie., how many order changes are you going to need to make at the same time)?

I think this would be a way to balance things out a bit.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:40 am

I can let you know it wasn't overlooked Remy.

I do think that having some sort of messenger unit would be interesting. I also like your suggestion on how to keep it balanced with some sort of cool down with it.

Be sure to keep this discussion up with various ideas about a messenger type unit.

Testy300
Lancer

Postby Testy300 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am

Interesting suggestion...but I think this would give an advantage to a player with a higher troop count. I won't expound because other games similar to Valor have the same issue. I think the better fix for Valor admin is to provide an option to recall SOME troops providing support. Currently it is all or none. This would actually add a strategy of how many troops to recall and when to recall them to provide support to City C. Should be an easy fix but I am no developer :-)

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 am

Remy3000 wrote:I agree. I've posted this suggestion before, but it may have been overlooked by admin.

I agree and trust me, this suggestion has not been overlooked and has been / is currently being discussed.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I agree with both ideas. The messenger and being able to recall partially.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”