Guild administration - logs, rank powers

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Guild administration - logs, rank powers

Postby Stark Bledfast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am

Guild administration could use some new features to aid leaders and helpers, while rooting out spies and saboteurs (which I have no problem with, per say, but there should be ways to locate them).

Logs - Can we get a logging system that guild leaders (and possibly Generals) have access to that reveals:
  • Who has invited / withdrawn invite to a player
  • Who has promoted / demoted members
  • Who has created / removed forums
  • What members have attacked / been attacked by other cities

Reason: Logging provides a simple way to see who is doing what within your guild. Is a member being productive? Great, maybe that member needs a promotion. Is a member being non productive? Great, demote or boot. Who invited that disruptive player? And of course, guild spies/saboteurs that delete forums, etc. Logging will identify them and the guild may then take action against them. I don't mind that this happens; it actually amuses me and is fun. But for that fun there ought to be repercussions; and that can only happen if there is the ability for identification.

Rank powers - Can we get either more guild ranks, or the ability to set certain powers within guild ranks?

In other words, a guild warrior has no authority in the guild. One step up, the captain, can remove the entire forum structure. It seems there is a step missing there, which would be to be able to create forums and threads but not delete them.

I'd either like a rank in between, say a Lieutenant, that can create both forums and threads but has no delete powers, or to be able to remove the ability to delete forums and threads from members that have it due to their rank.

Thanks,

~ SB

Incinarator
Lancer

Postby Incinarator » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 pm

I fully agree with all of this. Except for the part where you reveal who deleted the forum. I absolutely despise it when my entire forum gets deleted, but it's amusing to see everyone freak out and to spend a couple days searching for the "mole"

Boomhaur
Knight

Postby Boomhaur » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:44 am

Most all of that can be solved with good communication

HellJumper Nova
Knight

Postby HellJumper Nova » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Sounds like an good idea to have reports, that happens in the guild forums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”