Valor on the computer?!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
richg211
Lancer

Valor on the computer?!

Postby richg211 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Would Playmesh ever consider making Valor into a "browser-based" game? Don't get me wrong, Valor on the iPhone is great, but if it was to also be on the computer I think that'd be a great addition! I don't know how anyone else feels about making it a browser version, or a download version, but i think it would be a VERY good addition to Valor. That would fix the wait times, lagging (for the most part, depending on your internet), easy to navigate, etc. Think about it!

Feel free to discuss

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Please do discuss, I am interested to see if this is something people would like.

We are always looking at ways we can expand Valor and having it to be browser based is a possibility.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 pm

The only down side to having it on the computer is that players can make multiple accounts and use them to gang up on someone that only has a phone account.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 pm

But I would like an authenticated way of at least administering the in gamme guild and guild forums. With a world view map.

richg211
Lancer

Postby richg211 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Thats true, they could do something with your IP address, like only 1 or 2 accounts on a single IP address. So only two accounts can be made and they cannot be in the same world. Im not sure how they would do it as i'm no computer engineer or whatever the specialized people are. What you were saying Vasasalo, the in-game forum and world map could just be like how it is on the phone, except have everything in a nice standard definition, or high definition screen (maybe two different downloads?). Im not too sure all together on this idea, but i'd love to have it on the computer. Im sure Playmesh would also gain many many more players on the computer (people who dont have/can't afford an iPhone. That would create many more cities and possibly have even bigger guilds (bigger then the 60 guild limit coming back in world 53?). I dont know..

Eldorren
Lancer

Postby Eldorren » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:13 pm

I think the ability to play it on a web browser would be a great addition. However, that would also mean more than likely getting rid of the account "log in"-less feature and going with a more conventional user/password approach.

richg211
Lancer

Postby richg211 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:22 pm

I wouldn't be against a username/password type game. Thatd be fine and kind of what I would have expected. Having Valor on te computer would be amazing I feel. I for one woudl probably spend more time on that than doing my work (which would be bad but who cares ;) )

I just feel as though Valor could gain so many more players and popularity through it being on the computer. But that's just my idea.

People feel free to share your thoughts!!

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Rich about what I posted. Not a download. I mean being able to see a map that refreshes and is updated by in game servers. And the forum access limited to crowns for ease of structuring. Basically to lower the clutter. But what ever you do it is mirrored in-game or it would be pointless.

AmitBit
Lancer

Postby AmitBit » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I dont think that it will be so great on the pc people wont play as much as they play now on the iphone there are notifications and it is handy and easy to get started in a touch of a button i dont think that i will invest the time and energy that i've invested if it was a browser game after all on the phone the city always with ya

richg211
Lancer

Postby richg211 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, what you do on the phone and the computer would sync with each other. So it really would not matter which you do your building on because whether you did it on your iPhone or the computer, it would always sync and be right where you left it at.

Vasasalo, Well forum access is limited to crowns, generals, and captains in the game so it really would be no different, but yes i see what you're saying.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”