Valor on the computer?!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Martenor
Lancer

Postby Martenor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:26 am

I like the idea too, and if you would only able to create an account via the app and log on to the browser based version with your phone number, you prevent the possibility to create multiple accounts on the same world on multiple email addresses. Also the community would be phone based with some having valor on the comp too, no computer only ppl.

Oh and about the one user per IP, that does not work for us, 4 persons in my home, 4 internet phones, but one home ip address ;-)

I really like the possibility to type with a keyboard, will be much more chatting going on that way and it increases the interaction with other players.
Like this forum, I'm creating this message via the comp, no way I'm going to type it all on my iphone...
Also, as great as the resolution is on the iphone, the screen can only hold so much info, would be great to have a full world overview, but I don't see how you could do that on my little iphone screen.

Thanks for creating this great game though :-) keep up the good work!

Avikal
Knight

Postby Avikal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 am

or u could link ur account via device serial number

GeeDog
Lancer

Postby GeeDog » Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm

I think PlayMesh should create a browser base version and without a download.

There is a lot of mention, in this thread, that people have their phone with them all the time but you missing the players that don't have a phone and use a 'touch' to play this game and there are probably people in that group that don't have access to wireless all the time but have access to a PC with internet, i.e. at work, (I know, as I am one of them) and the very reason I ended up on this tread was because I was looking for a browser version of Valor.

Regardless keep up the good work PlayMesh :)

Remoh
Lancer

Postby Remoh » Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi guys,

I just started playing valor and it seems like a great game. Its obvious, as someone who has played Tribal Wars extensively, that TW was the basis for Valor. It's just too similar for that not to be the case.

I love being able to play the game with a rich ui on the iPad but I'm wondering how this is going to scale for really large accounts. In TW, it eventually becomes way too difficult to manage the game without the ability to run custom scripts to help with things like farming, tagging incoming attacks, building units, etc. Theres just no other way handle hundreds of villages at once without them. Maybe I've missed something but I don't see how this can be done in Valor.

So, I think maybe a browser version to address that weakness would be in order. Alternatively, maybe some sort of pluggable architecture for the current client to let you do the same sort of thing?

Anyway, keep up the great work!

dethwsh
Lancer

Postby dethwsh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 am

A browser version would be great! For example, I am without my ipad for a few days & can't play at all right now. A browser version would let me keep my cities going when I don't have access to my ipad.

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Given that the latest O/S for the Mac has hooks for IOS 5.1.1 (and I assume Apple will add support for IOS 6.0 in the not-too-distant-future), porting Valor to run on Macs only makes sense. It will build the fan base. However, accounts will have to be restricted to one per player somehow. A PlayMesh assigned authentication perhaps?

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I am sooooo definitely against Valor on PC, for one reason alone....people will cheat. I've seen bots used on other strategy games and if Valor goes PC you will get people using bots. It will uneven the playing field that is already dominated by gold users. You will get more solo players and less teamwork. The attracting features About Valor for me is no hacking and no cheating. Going that route will change Valor, and for many, not in a good way.

Lava
Lancer

Agreed.......

Postby Lava » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes to Valor on PC, contracts and rights aside, one day it may happen......But for now try playing EVONY.......same game but for PC........

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Bl1ndFury wrote:I am sooooo definitely against Valor on PC, for one reason alone....people will cheat. I've seen bots used on other strategy games and if Valor goes PC you will get people using bots. It will uneven the playing field that is already dominated by gold users. You will get more solo players and less teamwork. The attracting features About Valor for me is no hacking and no cheating. Going that route will change Valor, and for many, not in a good way.

I second this. People are rarely able to use jailbroken iphones or Bluetooth to make bots for games like valor on the iPhone. However anyone can look up the basics for C++ on YouTube hahahhaha

JudgeDredge
Knight

Postby JudgeDredge » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Please put Valour on the PC..
Lets discuss this more if possible.
EXODUS

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”