Valor on the computer?!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Roseylyn
Lancer

Postby Roseylyn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm

i really want to see valor on computer, my laptop is faster and has a bigger screen. i like valor on the phone, but i have weird problems with my phone somtimes. i think having it on computer would be way better

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 pm

We are mainly hacker free on iphone, probably a little less so on android. I know for a fact if you put this game on PC....that just makes hacking a piece of Cake. I have friends who mod games and they tell me it would be pretty easy to go in and spawn troops and stuff. I hear tribal wars has a problem with hackers...

Would rather keep the game on harder-to-hack devices

Rabblerouser
Lancer

Postby Rabblerouser » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:17 am

I would love to be able to log in to my account via a desktop. Heed my warning;do your best to prevent "Chinese gold framers from abusing your product by selling resources for real money.

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Another reason I don't think it would be a good idea is because of the short build times. In worlds (especially at the beginning) build times are less than 1 hour, that means you have to check your iPhone/Android multiple times an hour for about 3 or 4 days. That means you would have to check your computer up to 5 times an hour for the first few days just to have a decent city. Since valor wouldn't stop when you turned off your computer or left home, your city would stop production and you wouldn't be able to do anything until you were back at your computer. Most people keep their phone close to them most of the day and can check them much easier than their computer and has the ability to check valor many times an hour because of it. This would leave computer players at a huge disadvantage early in the game.

Also the troop speed would have to be reduced because of how easily you could take a city. You could take a city while the other player is at lunch, stuck in traffic, or out of town and doesn't have Internet connection. With a iOS device you get a notification that you are under attack within seconds and you can actually respond the threat and save your city. You also can check your city while you are eating, while you are stuck in traffic (not that I am saying to do that), and with 3G you can check valor no matter where you go. The computer players would also have a problem attacking and keeping their city for being taken.

juane2
Lancer

go for it move also to browser

Postby juane2 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I just played Tribal wars for about 7 months, after starting valor in world 59, and I would like you guys to offer Valor also for computer browser. It is simply extraordinary the possibility to use both celll - ipad - browser and the versatility you have is very nice. Others have done it and it is possible and more reliable to have the game working on browser, IOS, android.

A good Bot protection system would be needed. I really learned a lot from Tribal wars. Likely to go back to Valor once I purchase the new Ipad.

A go for it.

juane

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 pm

This is a big No-No from me! I do like the idea of playing through a browser which would be ideal for me since I'm always around one, but cheaters are the reason I got so frustrated playing Halo on xbox, because once you reached the higher levels (35+) you had a bunch of moders who changed the game and made it almost impossible to achieve level 50 as a non-moder type of player. HoweverValor is a great game still but I would be annoyed to play against cheaters.

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm

The facts are that your able to download free software that can record and play back any mouse movements and mouse buttons at intervals you program into the software which could be then used for things like troop builds, upgrades and scollarship buying all the while your asleep or away from valor

I say NO to a pc version

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 am

Lets not worry about the security angle and post positive ideas. The desktop/web would be of little difference security wise for a person that wanted to do most of the things everyone seems to be worried about. If 90% of the post are against the idea because of a narrow security issue we may as well close the thread.

I like what Blizzard did with wow they gave the player bases the ability to create addons. They dealt with the exploiters.

I'm sure Quark wouldn't put a web/desktop client out there if they thought it would ruin the game. They like playing the game too from what I have read in other threads.

I personally would like to play on my larger desktop screen with more advanced UI's when I'm at home and then have access to my cities on my phone or iPad when I'm not at home. I'd even be willing to pay a subscription service of some sort to have the desktop access if it were totally awesome. If it cost gold then the bot layers would at least be supporting all of the non bot players.

There are lots of creative ideas and ways to solve problems, lets look for some on this topic or maybe lock it.

Zoom
Lancer

Postby Zoom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Valor on the computer is something that I have been contemplating for the last 14 days of playing this game and how wonderful it would be. But then I realized two issues with the idea that made me a little disappointed. We live in a world where people always try to get an upper hand in an unfair way.

1. I can almost guarantee that there would be a bot for Valor just like some other web games (Mob Wars). While some of the people who use the bot could be caught, how could you differentiate those who use a bot and those who are online all the time at work.

2. People will make multiple accounts to try and get the upper hand in resources and land. If you were to add Valor to the computer then you would have to strict the number of players per IP address which would only hurt the people who are trying to play legit. I know three brothers who play valor and if you restricted the number of players per IP address those who play fairly would be hurt and those who are trying to cheat would just use a proxy or VPN.

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Zoom wrote:Valor on the computer is something that I have been contemplating for the last 14 days of playing this game and how wonderful it would be. But then I realized two issues with the idea that made me a little disappointed. We live in a world where people always try to get an upper hand in an unfair way.

1. I can almost guarantee that there would be a bot for Valor just like some other web games (Mob Wars). While some of the people who use the bot could be caught, how could you differentiate those who use a bot and those who are online all the time at work.

2. People will make multiple accounts to try and get the upper hand in resources and land. If you were to add Valor to the computer then you would have to strict the number of players per IP address which would only hurt the people who are trying to play legit. I know three brothers who play valor and if you restricted the number of players per IP address those who play fairly would be hurt and those who are trying to cheat would just use a proxy or VPN.

Ignoring one and two Zoom i would be curious to here about your other thoughts?

2. Is already something that happens.
1. Anyone capable of writing a bot for a web app should be capable of this already. Anyone can use a bot only some can write them.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”