Invalid body. Please rephrase it.

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Adagio
Lancer

Invalid body. Please rephrase it.

Postby Adagio » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Please remove this filter once for all. Do not try to enhance it, just remove it. Other posters have, in the past, politely said that it was frustrating, for myself I would say it's unsupportable. I just lost 20 minutes to find the "offending" world I had used in a very long post where I wanted to say farewell to my guild buddies. Just to find out that this word was "****ounce". I replace it by "say" and it was okay. So maybe this world has an offending meaning in some familiar english, or maybe I had a spelling mistake, I don't know. But do you know at Playmesh that at least half of the people who play this game are not native english speakers? Don't you think it's hard enough for them like that? And in all cases, don't you have enough bugs/glitches/enhancement requests to deal with without adding this one on your back? This "feature" is, and will always be, buggy and inneficient, just because no computer program will ever be able to say if a human is speaking offending or not. Just start a word with "f", finish it with "k", and put mutiple "*" between them and that's finished for the program. Why don't you just trust people to report offending language?

Adagio
Lancer

Postby Adagio » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Sigh. Apparently this word is also forbidden in this forum. Let me try again: "p r o n o u n c e", which according to Google, just means "say".

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

We are working on tweaking the language filter, but just removing it entirely is not a route we want to take.

The goal is to block the offending language before hand, not just have that person reported afterwards. Proactive not reactive.

I do agree though that the filter doesn't need to block words like pronounce.

Westin
Lancer

Postby Westin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 pm

I appreciate the presence of a filter. Tweak it, sure. Pronounce shouldn't get filtered (<--and it didn't), but much should. Thanks play mesh!

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 pm

I believe though, Adagio and I preferred the system to be more proactive, such that the offending word was highlighted with an error while typing at least.

The filtering algorithm can be enhanced afterwards.

LordJAG
Knight

Postby LordJAG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Filters are a waste of time. I can be offensive without them.
Example!
offensive? yes! Stop trying to control people! It does not work!

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't think people need a reminder of how to get around filters.

Closing this post.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”