A New Resource Production System

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Dandude
Lancer

A New Resource Production System

Postby Dandude » Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,

So i randomly had a thought, and wondered what other people thought. What if instead of our Quarry/Lumber mill/IM system we had a "Resource Production Center" (RPC). Each time you level the RPC, you get a certain amount of "workers" (kinda like Market and Merchants). Each worker produces 50*World Speed of ONE resource per hour. At the max level, you would have 120 Workers, so you could produce the same amount as A Level 30 Quarry/Lumber mill/IM At the moment. The main difference would be that you could reassign workers as you like. Meaning, that if you wanted to, you could assign all 120 to stone, and make 12,000 Stone/Hr in a Speed one world. (18k speed 1.5, 24k speed 2). This system would allow people to produce what they need at the given moment.

Your thoughts?

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Sun May 20, 2012 10:26 am

Balistas could target this one building and stop resource production cold.

Dandude
Lancer

Postby Dandude » Sun May 20, 2012 10:30 am

alright, so what if it was 3x as hard to destroy w/ a Ballista (Ie. a ballista would only do 33% of its normal damage on the RPC)

Seabass7
Lancer

Postby Seabass7 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 pm

I love this idea! Cuz depending on what my other cities are lacking i can alocate my men accordlingly, and yes balistas would only do 1/3dmg cuz itl like all 3 buildings in 1 and a/o now can only attack 1 at a time, so makes since that a 3in1 building would have the def of 3in1

Gossus
Lancer

Postby Gossus » Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm

I really like this idea!

Ragz
Lancer

Postby Ragz » Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Wouldnt this set the resource system totally out of balance? Like when maxing out a particular building thats very iron expensive for example you just balance your workers and you wouldnt even notice the cost difference between resources?
And also, wouldnt this kill any purpose the market might have?

Dandude
Lancer

Postby Dandude » Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 pm

1. I think that it "fix" a problem That you see as part of the game. You are correct that we would not notice a difference, and isn't that good?
2. Not at all! As you may Relize, the effect of switching workers would NOT be instantaneous by any means. If you suddenly released that you needed iron, you would have to wait for it to be produced (faster). It would still take time, and that's when one would use the market

To all who like this,
KEEP POSTING SO MODS SEE IT!

And thanks for the positive feedback from you guys!

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Oh I see it.

I have already marked it down as something to show to the design team.

Something like this would be a huge change to Valor though.

We are working hard right now to get Valor 2.0 ready for everybody.

Dandude
Lancer

Postby Dandude » Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Cool, and yea Valor 2.0 is pretty cool! (at least the beta version)

Thanks for looking!

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”