Scholar Finder

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Ibetrayer
Lancer

Scholar Finder

Postby Ibetrayer » Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 pm

This has probably been mentioned before, but a way to find Scholars other than just scrolling through Academies is definitely needed.

If I've been busy or not played for a day or 2, I forget where scholars are. Especially if I haven't used them recently..

I currently spend far too much time looking for scholars so that I can kill them to move them.

Even just a box at the bottom of the Academy pages saying where they are would be nice, would save a lot of time and stress. Much easier than scrolling through 200+ cities and still not finding them due to the game not updating.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I totally agree! Lost scholars are a pain. This would definitely be a very nice feature for those who make it later in the game and have several hundred cities for scholars to get lost in.
Not succeeding is nothing more than learning from your mistakes, and the only real way to Fail is to Quit--Bl1ndFury

starhammer
Guardian

Postby starhammer » Thu May 24, 2012 5:38 pm

We were discussing these types of issues here this afternoon. Would you say that this is at the very top of the list in terms of frustration with managing hundreds of cities? What else gives you trouble as your city count grows?
To submit a support ticket, please visit the following link: https://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Thu May 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Report management. Support management. I've noticed these during multiguild Attacks.

There too many defense and support defense reports. Can Maeda the city planner consolidate reports into a summary.

Also, when multiple players support a city, it be nice to know if a slot opens up so more support can be sent.

Attacks are sometime unfindable. It's like you have to reresh the city in order for the attacks to show up.

Speaking of Maeda the city planner, can't she pop up occasionally and say things like "This city is low on troops, perhaps we should head there?" or "Construction on this city has been idle for a while" or "This city is under attack, we better hurry"? Clicking on the message jumps to that city. If there is no message, clicking on Maeda will display a new message.

Ibetrayer
Lancer

Postby Ibetrayer » Fri May 25, 2012 12:25 am

Yes, I'd say scholars was most pressing.

Followed by reports not coming through unless you're on that city. This only appears to be an issue with a large number of cities.

E.g. I send 5 attacks from 5 cities, which will conquer. Instead of waking up and having the 5 cities already, I have to browse to the 5 attacking cities to receive the reports just to be able to access the new ones.

The loyalty and stuff still goes up, because it is mine technically, but it is annoying to have to go find the reports first. This also counts for incoming attacks.

IdesOfMach
Knight

Postby IdesOfMach » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am

For the above post: "large number" begins with three, sadly :/
I can only imagine what it's like with hundreds of cities.

Bdenuto
Knight

Postby Bdenuto » Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 am

The city list screen is a wonderful place to show summarized information. I think that the best way would be to have the screen 'toggle' through multiple data sets.
For example, one would be city size / loyalty (now), toggle to build queue count / total build hours left, toggle to city population / population max, toggle to scholars / scholars in training / ability to build scholars, toggle to city resources / resource max. The ability to see this summarized information without having to go through each city would be a major improvement, imho.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”